RPG

A forum for everything else

RPG

Postby RoadKill » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:06 pm

Gristmill have made several other game types, so what about a Role Playing Game? I think one set in the Xenominer universe would be FANTASTIC! Have a batch of characters running around dealing with corperations, looking for Xeno artifacts/tech, traveling to different planets, mining for profit, and maybe save a solar system. Any other ideas?
RoadKill

Re: RPG

Postby janx » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:25 pm

RoadKill wrote:Gristmill have made several other game types, so what about a Role Playing Game? I think one set in the Xenominer universe would be FANTASTIC! Have a batch of characters running around dealing with corperations, looking for Xeno artifacts/tech, traveling to different planets, mining for profit, and maybe save a solar system. Any other ideas?

I thought Xenominer was an RPG.

One PC, trapped on a desolate moon. Only his damaged AI to keep him sane...
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Postby RoadKill » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:38 am

No real story, no experence/leveling system, no bosses, Elder Scrolls XM is NOT.
RoadKill

Postby BushKillFalls » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:56 am

Experience Gaining and Leveling in an RPG is a New thing.

Role Playing Game Involves Playing the Role of a Character and making Decisions. Super Mario Brothers was an RPG, but it didn't have Leveling for the Character, but the worlds had Leveling, and the Dialog was not an Interactive Choice but a Story that you had to follow. Now Newer Games say that you do need leveling to be an RPG, but the Original RPG's Never had anything like that. It wasn't invented yet :P XM has Leveling through Gear and Equipment but not Character Development. So XM is like an RPG, but not quite according to Trending Stardards.

Look here... According to the Wiki which can only be trusted as far as you can throw it even D&D didn't have Leveling and Character Development first. Some game traveler, I personally never heard of made after it was the first.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of ... odern_RPGs
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby RoadKill » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:10 am

Gads, these types who can use the argument of 'every game is role play'. I understand the point and it makes me sick that you types want to suck the fun out of an idea. DnD was made from a table top war game, that is where the wiki gets that info.
RoadKill

Postby HAHAimaDECOY » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Dude tecnicle every game is a RPG becuse your body and mind isn't actualy in the game but i bet some day we'll have something like that now that would be a intresting game
HAHAimaDECOY

Postby RoadKill » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:55 pm

Use spell check. All this is doing is upsetting me more with each insulting post. At this rate, I will soon be asking for my account here to be deleted. I don't need or asked for this B.S..
RoadKill

Postby HAHAimaDECOY » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:41 am

Okay dude there's no spell check when using the forum on X1 so don't instinly asume things

Also were not bashing or hating or anything else it's just constructive critisime

Also not sure if any of the post were insulting at all
HAHAimaDECOY

Postby janx » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:13 am

HAHAimaDECOY wrote:Okay dude there's no spell check when using the forum on X1 so don't instinly asume things

Also were not bashing or hating or anything else it's just constructive critisime

Also not sure if any of the post were insulting at all

Other than lousy spelling skills, I don't detect anybody insulting the OP.

An RPG does not require story to be an RPG (in fact, fans of Sandbox style consider Story to be bad, railroading).

I personally wouldn't call Super Mario an RPG (it's a platformer), as there are very few choices being made, and you're not exactly playing a role as a plumber.

My original point is that Xenominer is potentially already an RPG. Sandbox style. i'd like to seem more progression and advancement (of story, events, whatever). Something that reacts to my progress in surviving on the moon.
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Postby Gristmill » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:53 pm

Always thought it would be fun to do some kind of low-res 2d topdown-style Xenominer RPG.

On the subject of pure XM as an RPG, I agree it already kind of is, but I also see where the OP was going. It's not a bad thought, I've often considered myself, "what if we added in more character attributes and differences for the miner, so that each playthrough could be different." What if you could play as an Engineer or Civilian or Pilot ... Researcher, Marine? Different skills, different tools, different abilities. Could really add something to the game.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Chat