RPG

A forum for everything else

Re: RPG

Postby RoadKill » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:41 am

Gristmill wrote:Always thought it would be fun to do some kind of low-res 2d topdown-style Xenominer RPG.

On the subject of pure XM as an RPG, I agree it already kind of is, but I also see where the OP was going. It's not a bad thought, I've often considered myself, "what if we added in more character attributes and differences for the miner, so that each playthrough could be different." What if you could play as an Engineer or Civilian or Pilot ... Researcher, Marine? Different skills, different tools, different abilities. Could really add something to the game.

Thank you for seeing my point. I'm also kind of interested in your idea for choices for style in XM. I'm surprised you didn't put Exodrone as a choice. Although I was thinking along the lines of old FF, in which you'd have a party of 4, turn based combat, ect... O.K., so I like the retro aspect.
RoadKill

Postby froganox13 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:08 pm

I love fallout and skyrim, so this sounds great. I'd love to be a space marine or something like that :D
-Cpt Maple of Task Force 13
-CODENAME: FROGANOX
-Xbox gamertag:FROGANOX
froganox13

Postby Timpraetor » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Gristmill wrote:What if you could play as an Engineer or Civilian or Pilot ... Researcher, Marine? Different skills, different tools, different abilities. Could really add something to the game.

Yes, please!
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby Kurozaiaku » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Using the "Well every game is a roleplaying game," line is more or less a trolling line these days. You know what he meant, so it's honestly rude and unfair to taunt him with that. Even I understand the concept of every game rationalized as "playing a Role" but when people say RPG they almost always mean a stat-based game that everyone recognizes it as.

Now, forgetting about moronic smart-alecks.

Personally RoadKill, I agree with you, it would be quite interesting to see a Xenominer inspired RPG, I'd certainly prepare some money for it. Maybe not plan too big to begin with, they have other projects they're working on at the same time, but when it comes down to it they clearly have the capability to branch out and create something quite interesting, if ever it was the case.
As for ideas toward it, I'm always a fan of customization so I'd always ask for something customizable.. Perhaps the materials you gather, as you suggested, could go towards personally building up a base, maybe even building a ship and upgrading it if planet-to-planet travel is a thing. Or even if it's simply over-world travel. Ground vehicles, maybe later a flyer for greater access to certain areas of the world. If it's an action/rpg then being able to make and upgrade weapons for those vehicles for fighting enemies in various regions of the world would be awesome.

If it isn't a sandbox world in terms of traveling it could still be area by area and make sense, a little like Rage and Air Rivals/Space Cowboys combined, for anyone who knows or remembers either of those.

Edit:
Maybe not plan too big to begin with

Practice what I preach.. Practice what I preach.. Practice what I preach...
Kurozaiaku

Postby Zorgborg242 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:11 pm

I just read this post and man... Why so much hate? This is an awesome idea! Don't worry roadkill the haters are just trolls. ;)
"Ultron,Getting resources for you,and only you"
Zorgborg242

Postby Zorgborg242 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:17 pm

janx wrote:
HAHAimaDECOY wrote:Okay dude there's no spell check when using the forum on X1 so don't instinly asume things

Also were not bashing or hating or anything else it's just constructive critisime

Also not sure if any of the post were insulting at all

Other than lousy spelling skills
This part made me laugh hard. :lol:
"Ultron,Getting resources for you,and only you"
Zorgborg242

Postby RoadKill » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:39 pm

Thanks guys for the support. I know they are busy with current projects to the point of going dead silent for a while. Silly me forgetting about trolls. Didn't help things were not going well for me at the time they came out from under their bridges. I play a lot of RPGs and of course had to see what would come of such a post.
RoadKill

Postby Kurozaiaku » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:32 pm

RoadKill wrote:Thanks guys for the support. I know they are busy with current projects to the point of going dead silent for a while. Silly me forgetting about trolls. Didn't help things were not going well for me at the time they came out from under their bridges. I play a lot of RPGs and of course had to see what would come of such a post.

I think it's pretty cool to go for it anyway. Even if it's purely dreaming of something fun in the end of the day, so long as the thought entertains, may as well go for broke and have fun with suggesting things. In the end the Troll never wins, so we can move on to greener pastures while they remain stuck in place xD
Kurozaiaku

Postby BushKillFalls » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:17 pm

If we spent less time worrying about accusing people of trolling and continued to expand the Idea more especially with the Idea of a Newer Engine and more options like expanding on parts that would work inside the bounds of the game then this thread would get more support.

The Idea of Proposing Classes which is an RPG element maybe where you were a Miner on the Ship or a Marine, Engineer, or even the Captain? Your Class could determine your level of expertise with the Centriforge maybe unlocking different types of parts like more weapons for the marine since they would have access to more militaristic means and if you were the Captain or a Commander Class you could Unlock Low Orbit Zones as opposed to being just a Miner, though the Miner might be the only one that can extract Endurium making Multiplayer a must for fully developing any persons world.

A tier or Ranking system since Stats are Tracked could also be put in to allow you to unlock higher tier Items to craft as long as you have the processing power so a newbie that joined your world would still have to mine if they were a miner to rank up and be able to use the maxed out centriforge you have or be able to come into your Miner's world and be a Commander and take you into the Low Orbit Zones with their knowledge of Ships and even a Marine Friend that can kill a bunch of aliens and rank up to unlock plasma weapons to wipe out nests and swarms of aliens.

I'd be interested in hearing more Ideas on how you want to implement more RPG features.
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby Kurozaiaku » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:00 pm

BushKillFalls wrote:If we spent less time worrying about accusing people of trolling and continued to expand the Idea more especially with the Idea of a Newer Engine and more options like expanding on parts that would work inside the bounds of the game then this thread would get more support.

Excuse me while I just go laugh my backside off at the sheer level of irony I just witnessed.
Kurozaiaku

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat