I'm Still Playing The Game. Are You?

A forum for everything else

I'm Still Playing The Game. Are You?

Postby PD Enki » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:36 pm

I recently repurchased Xenominer on my pc. I'm having just as much fun with it as I've always had. Does always else here still take the time to play the game, in spite of Gristmill's absence?

Spoiler: show
Anyone aside from Still Crosshair of course

If not, no worries. I'll be here, waging my campaign to purge Xenos of green crystals so that no more stranded explorers mistake it for some other sort of glowing green material that actually has value
Cy wos kymt dy śpröh uf dy wełt, wi ȧzu mü's śtarwa?
PD Enki

Re: I'm Still Playing The Game. Are You?

Postby greenkiller56 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:55 am

I really wish I could keep playing it. I'm not the kind of person to play something over and over. Never could. However, I am still watching this form like the dozen of ghosts left hoping and hoping that something will happen. Waiting for an amazing update or revival in hope and waiting for a great game with great potential to take back our hearts. Is this hope misplaced and I'm wasting my time? Only time will tell. I'll be watching regardless while we wait.
Gamertag:GreenKillerLive
greenkiller56

Postby Nemo285 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:02 am

i'm still playing, just got my win10 pc up and running again so i can log back on to the forums. i think the only hope for the game to be revived is if the community gets involved with the development
xbox GT Nemo285 discord tag #0696
Nemo285

Postby greenkiller56 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:21 am

Nemo, that would be wonderful if we could do that. Supreme Commander has benefited greatly from being in the hands of the community. Total Miner Forge is looking like it's going that route too but it is too early to tell for sure. The issue with Xenominer is that in order for the community to take the game into their hands and nuture it, we first need to rally the community which might not be too difficult. But the main issue lies with the developer. In order for the community to work on the game, the founder of the game would need to share the rights of the game with the community. Getting communities organized to work on something can be difficult and the owner of the game is seemingly no where in sight. Is it possible, absolutely and I really hope it does. Will it happen, I would bet no. Glad to see people still playing it though after all of these years.
Gamertag:GreenKillerLive
greenkiller56

Postby still crosshair » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:08 am

PD Enki wrote:I recently repurchased Xenominer on my pc. I'm having just as much fun with it as I've always had. Does always else here still take the time to play the game, in spite of Gristmill's absence?

Anyone aside from Still Crosshair of course
[/i]

My PC died like a year ago, so no playing for me. :cry: Lost the game and the "extra" content I paid for. Last I had checked BMT no longer had a download link. It's been years since I last checked. Besides doubt I even remember the password if the site even uses them.Kinda wish old Gristmill would of just put the newest version with the goodies up for free (mainly talking about the locked blocks not the starting items). I had loads of people begging for me to "share" the files with them on YT. I think it would possibly regain some life if it became free to play. I don't know if that steam greenlight still stands would be the best "Dumping" ground. Even if it's not, last I checked it looked like steam was letting everything pass through steam direct. Just my thoughts and an update.
still crosshair

Postby Nemo285 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:14 pm

i still have the installer for 2.6, i wouldn't mine sharing it with anyone who wants it. pretty sure xenominer counts as abandonware at this point, due to it going free to play for a bit and then the main download disappearing
xbox GT Nemo285 discord tag #0696
Nemo285

Return to General Chat