The Welcoming Chamber (introduce yourself)

A forum for everything else

The Welcoming Chamber (introduce yourself)

Postby thatcrazyjustin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:20 pm

With the rapidly growing amount of Xenominers joining us in the forums I figure its about time we create a place for users to say hello, and confess their undying love for the Xenominer!

You might have guessed already, but my name is Justin and I love Xenominer :)

Welcome welcome

Can't wait to talk to all of you!
Last edited by Gristmill on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: make sticky
http://www.twitter.com/thatcrazyjustin "I won't quote you the odds"
thatcrazyjustin

Re: The Welcoming Chamber (introduce yourself)

Postby dstruxon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Heyo everybody! This is dstruxon and I would like everyone to know if I can help will. I play a lot! I am 37 MMA coach and video game-aholic!! I know that's old but I am fighting cancer and xbox is my zen. So if I am around and you have a question feel free to ask or if you want to simply hang out and play Xenominer leave me a tweet or a message! Nice to meet everyone!
Happy Surviving!
dstruxon

Postby sykane » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:26 am

I am sykane and i love games like Minecraft and happy as Hell to have a nice change of pace with a unique game like this. I would be here as well from time to time, giving inputs or just talking about the game in general. This game is fun as Hell and can't wait for this community to get bigger. This is the type of voxel building genre that i expect when i go to the indie channel.

Take care guys.

P.S. good luck with your treatment and fight against cancer dstruxon.
sykane

Postby Burnsteel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:41 am

Hello, I'm Burnsteel and I picked up this game the day it came out. I really like it so far, although I haven't gone far in it. I spend my time exploring what I can do in game. I have made the start of a wiki at http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/684032-xenominer/wiki Any help on confirmation and additional info would be appreciated.

For the Bothans!

Burnsteel
For the Bothans!

Burnsteel
Burnsteel

Postby NunPuncher » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:48 pm

I am NunPuncher. I've been playing xenominer for a few days now. Big fan of these kind of games. Total Miner was my first. So far Xenominer is holding my attention far better than minecraft was. Sure minecraft has more features but, it doesn't have the niche appeal I crave. The bright sunshiney day feel that minecraft gives off, gets boring. I really hope this game develops. The deigners have done a great job here.

Anyway, I'm 26/M/USA. I've got a huge video game addiction :shock: , a fatalistic outlook on life :D , and allergies :oops: . My interests include world history :geek: , doughnuts :P , and horrible soul crushing failure. :mrgreen:
Yaaaay! We're dooomed!
NunPuncher

Postby Wonko » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Oy! I go by wonko, I've been attracted to the sandbox style of play since... well, minecraft began. I saw xenominer on XBLA and for the price I simply couldn't pass it up, and was thoroughly surprised by the quality of the what I got for what I paid.

I am anxiously looking forward to the PC edition. Other than games, I'm a huge nerd. So; comics, toys, movies, books and the like. I'm 29, male (Shocker!) and canadian.
Wonko

Postby BrozoiTheMagical » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:16 pm

I bought this to fill the Voxel based hole in my heart and it did the job. I'm loving the game, I'm convincing a bunch of friends to buy it, and I am about as excited for this game to update as I am for Halo 4.
I am a huge technical tree fanatic. I'm a Pretty cool guy, I enjoy art, metal work, and of course, GAMING!
Poor bot... He never has fun... Just work... Work... Work...
BrozoiTheMagical

Postby epikpepsi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:19 am

Hello there people!
I am epikpepsi. I like voxel-based games and have been bored with minecraft. I saw this in the new indie games section on Xbox (oh how i love dem indie games!) I started with the trial, played it, loved it, and spent my last 80 MSP on it. But from the moment my character generated in that alien world, I knew one thing. I knew this game was like crack cocaine. It is just so addicting, i play at least 5 hours a day (not long for me really) and just live in the alien ship until I find more aluminum.
Nice to meet you all, and know that there is just such a large community with me ready to explore the Xenos.

EDIT! FOUND THE ALUMINUM! NOW NEED MORE DIAMONDS AND GOLD. COME OUT DIAMONDS AND GOLD!
Last edited by epikpepsi on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALUMINUM! I KNOW YOU ARE HIDING YOU SHINY METAL BASTARDS! AND DIAMONDS! YOU HIDING HIM WITH YOU! GAAAAHGH!

- Real quote I used in game once.
epikpepsi

Postby Lizard » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:11 am

Heyya everyone.
Guess I should officially say hello. I'm Lizard. :D
I live in England and I'm told I have a pretty strange sense of humour, so apologies in advance for that.
I randomly found this game on the day it was released, watched the youtube video then played the trial and was pretty much hooked.
I've been a gamer pretty much all my life and play many different genres (most poorly, but it's the taking part the counts right ;) )
If anyone wants to chat, just PM me on here, I'll be on most days.
Lizard

Postby mobpolitics » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:44 am

Hi all! I'm Jesse. I need to get the other Gristers on here to intro themselves. I make art for the game, mostly in the user interface area, help with the game's 'writing'/direction along with managing the regular website for Gristmill and trying to build hype on social media.

My regular job is graphic design, web development and a bit of search engine optimization, social media, and digital ad campaigns. I love Michel Houellebecq and Haruki Murakami novels, philosophy and theology books, Paul Thomas Anderson movies (haven't seen The Master yet). I actually did get addicted to XenoMiner too, which is funny to me because usually I don't get that close to projects, but I'm a huge sandbox/builder fan and it really is what I was wanting to play. I've only been able to play an hour or so a day because the last week has been a blur since we published XenoMiner.

It's awesome to see all you core players here. Hell, it's awesome to have a core in the first place! :)
"That is well said," replied Candide. "But we must cultivate our garden."
mobpolitics

Next

Return to General Chat