[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Gristmill Studios Forum • View topic - scripts vs Macros

scripts vs Macros

Spoilers: Share your scripts with the rest of the Xenominers.

scripts vs Macros

Postby bcook65 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:50 am

hello.. I am trying to understand the difference on the bot interface.. While I understand somewhat the process of writing the scripts and for the most part have some understanding of what macros are supposed to do, and the placeholders, I am not understanding how you define the place holders, because all they seem to lay is light basalt. the macros in and of themselves dont seem to do anything at all.. It would seem the macros would either be predefined or you should be able to define them.

if predefined I should be be able to make the bot do something buy using say just one of the macro keys all buy it self.. right? I mean I should be able to write my script and select a predefined macro I would think.. is there somewhere I can look that explains this so I can understand because some of the samples dont seem to have good step by step explanations..

I know the point is to try to figure it out, but in a sense it should be fairly straight forward and self explanatory when I look at a sample script..

if i use the move forward symbol followed by the dig forward symbol etc I know what it is going to do.. but if i use the top left macro button, i would think that macro should do something or I should be able to tell it do do something.. the place holders as well should be predefined or I should be able to define it.. So far all the place holders lay light basalt.. and I dont see how to change that..

Lol.. I hope I am making sense with this.. I really love this game.. thanks for any help
bcook65

Re: scripts vs Macros

Postby BushKillFalls » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:42 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2341
^
There is some Info There on Scripting.

Also the Placeholders for Blocks are Editable by hitting Y while it is highlighted at the Bottom. You can only Select Materials that are in your Mule to load Into the Placeholder and when You Run the Script Containing the Place Command you need that Material to be in your Mule or the Bot will Stop.

Light Basalt is Merely the Default Block Selected.

Macros are Explained in that Walkthrough I posted Above.
box Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby bcook65 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:59 pm

I forgot to mention I am running xenominer for pc.. Hitting "Y" on my keyboard does nothing while highlighting any of the place holders nor do any of the other letters on my keyboard..

tried right click and edit poppped up .. click edit and that brought up a screen to select mats.. Although it is tricky trying to click on edit before it disappears.. Think I had tried right click in the past and saw edit pop up but could never click on it and had resigned to the idea it was a glitch.. guess it was not.. lol

Also just tried right click on macro and screen changed a little which looks maybe like macro edit mode

thanks for the response
bcook65

Postby janx » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:05 am

Ah yes. Those were written for the Xbox controller's X,Y,A,B buttons.

Be sure to check out the bot scripting web tool I wrote (see link in URL).

We usually use it to enter scripts on it, and generate the markup for the forum (for sharing scripts).

But it also a straightforward way to look at how the scripting works. At least it displays the program in English, so you can follow it logically.

The core concept is that a given script has a main body, and up to 8 macros. Recursion is not allowed (it would cause processing problems).

Often, I write my "do stuff" code in the macros, and the main body is a short sequence of calling macros.

Rather than writing lots of move/dig/place commands in the main body, which is how most people get started.
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control

ZM Script Designer:
janx

Postby bcook65 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:43 pm

your bot scripting tool is awesome.. Thanks for making it and sharing it.. Now that I have a better idea how to program the macros and placeholders, it is all starting to make better sense.. :)
bcook65

Postby BushKillFalls » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Sweet.. :D
box Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Return to Bot Scripts