The Super Bio-Dome

Here is where you can talk about and show off your projects in Xenominer

Re: The Super Bio-Dome

Postby Gristmill » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Ice:

We have to convert save files on this update to something more manageable. It has to parse your 1,000,000 changes or so into a change log. When you open this world, if it seems to take forever ... let it spin, it's not locked up.

Also a small voice in the back of our head's is saying perhaps you should wait a bit with this world and make sure no bugs that would be impairing crop up...
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby Mataeus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:29 am

Can I come into your world and see the progress? You can take me on a grand tour :D
~~~ Vae Victis! ~~~
Mataeus

Postby IceFireXD » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:08 pm

To everyone who is excited to see my world, I have a bit of disappointing news. The game couldn't handle the map. It converted about 5% of the map, and then said "I quit!". Now, it gives green screens on just about everything. I can't even save and quit without getting a green screen.

As such, The Super Bio-Dome will remain under construction and under wraps until the devs are able to diagnose the problem and correct it.

I appologize for the inconvenience, and on behalf of the devs at gristmill studios who are working hard to solve this problem.
The Super Bio-Dome Project (Restarted.)
Excavation Status (in quarters)
1st: 15% | 2nd: 1% | 3rd: 0% | 4th: 0%
Construction Status (in quarters)
1st: 3% | 2nd: 0% | 3rd: 0% | 4th: <1%
IceFireXD

Postby Mataeus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:55 am

Please tell me you had it backed up in case the part conversion corrupted the save? :(
~~~ Vae Victis! ~~~
Mataeus

Postby IceFireXD » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Mataeus wrote:Please tell me you had it backed up in case the part conversion corrupted the save? :(

Of course I did. I kinda figured there would be some problems, and with Gristmill's warning, I wasn't gonna take any chances. I saved both the map, and a copy of 1.31 onto a flash drive. Don't worry, the entire team at Gristmill Studios will be working hard to get the maps to convert properly.
IceFireXD

Postby Mataeus » Mon May 20, 2013 4:59 am

IceFireXD wrote:
Mataeus wrote:Don't worry, the entire team at Gristmill Studios will be working hard to get the maps to convert properly.

Any news on progress yet, either further progress from your side (if possible) or from Gristmill's patch?
~~~ Vae Victis! ~~~
Mataeus

Postby still crosshair » Mon May 20, 2013 12:49 pm

:)
Last edited by still crosshair on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby lovemybot64 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:31 pm

can someone plz write a 90x90x40 script for quarry if so thank you also xbox 360 version for me just email script plz
lovemybot64

Postby IceFireXD » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:52 am

Well, I'll make it official with this post.

All progress made towards the Super Bio-Dome has been lost. The map converter could not convert the map to any degree that could be salvaged. I still have the map file and an older version of Xenominer allowing me to play on it as it was, but it cannot be updated to a version with multiplayer. If sometime in the future, the devs figure out a way to convert it without the converter quitting after only 7 or so chunks, I'll bring it into the multiplayer world for all to see.

I've restarted the project on a new map, in the new map format and plan to try my hand at it once more. I had to take quite some time off to get over the loss of so much work. Since I'm now returning with a new perspective on things, I've also found ways to cut back on how much needs to actually be excavated. I realized that I don't need to dig up a huge square. I'm building a dome, why not just dig up a circle that is the exact size of the dome? Heh, I've literally cut corners.

Anyway, I'm also making this post to record for posterity at what point this map was lost.

Percentage Excavated
1st: 100% | 2nd: 42.5% | 3rd: 1% | 4th: <1%
Percentage Constructed
1st: 40% | 2nd: 0% | 3rd: 0% | 4th: 0%

I'll leave this thread to fade off the board, or get stickied, or whatever else may come of it. I'll begin a new thread to cover the progress that I make in my second attempt to create a gigantic bio-dome.

Thank you all who have followed this project, and I hope you will follow its successor.

- IceFireXD
IceFireXD

Postby still crosshair » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Glad to see your back :)
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show