Postby pickaxe of tungsten » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:37 pm

still crosshair as ive said before you're a crazy son of a bit*h :D
-Seed: 48923
-Moon: Tungstantinople
-Never Stop Xenomining
pickaxe of tungsten

Re: HSG corpiration.

Postby still crosshair » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Today me and Zorgborg242 played around in The venator playground. A new mini game I've been working on. However we just messed around with it and did not actually go by the rules. The game is easy to do. Just find a venator nest than build a large enclosure around it. After that fill the enclosure with different obstacles and stuff. Leave a area up high enough that the venators can't reach. Strip all weapons from the players than give them a jet pack with limited fuel. The one left last alive wins that game. (Opinion) Set it up so that you control how they spawn so that you can do a wave type game where after a certain amount of time you kill all venators and let the players have a break. Reason why you have a place where the venators can't reach is so if someone has to refill or go AFC or AFK they can without dyeing plus you can watch the craziness happen. The venators don't stay agro onto one player as the players bob around the enclosure with jet packs the venators switch agro to whoevers closest to them near the ground.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Message to everyone

The new project was taking shape and had even looked as if it was going to be finished soon. Until a complete chunk reversion wipe out almost every trace if it ever being there. My suggestion to everyone doing big projects is to stay in the chunk its in while performing a save quit. One time its saved outside the chunk it was mainly in and now its almost completely gone. Loads of work just gone as if it was never there. Maybe gristmill can fix it but there is the chance they cannot. If so than it most likely will not be completed.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby ARCLIGHT545 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Im calling BS on that. Never seen that and Ive seen just about everything hosting the Leviathan world. Not even when the game was crashing multiple times daily did that ever see an entire chunk reversion.
Moon Name: Leviathan
Active Contract: The Leviathan Project/Corporate Communications Director
Leviathan Corporation Forum: http://leviathan.6te.net/phpBB3/index.php
ARCLIGHT545

Postby JohnnyBlood » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:20 pm

ARCLIGHT545 wrote:Im calling BS on that. Never seen that and Ive seen just about everything hosting the Leviathan world. Not even when the game was crashing multiple times daily did that ever see an entire chunk reversion.

dont be rude. shit happens. the chunk reversions originally happened because people put too much on the chunk too quickly. maybe still builds abnormally quick
Last edited by JohnnyBlood on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leroy T. Pumpkin
JohnnyBlood

Postby Zorgborg242 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:34 pm

ARCLIGHT545 wrote:Im calling BS on that. Never seen that and Ive seen just about everything hosting the Leviathan world. Not even when the game was crashing multiple times daily did that ever see an entire chunk reversion.

I don't know man,random crap always happens in my world.
"Ultron,Getting resources for you,and only you"
Zorgborg242

Postby Zorgborg242 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:38 pm

still crosshair wrote: Message to everyone

The new project was taking shape and had even looked as if it was going to be finished soon. Until a complete chunk reversion wipe out almost every trace if it ever being there. My suggestion to everyone doing big projects is to stay in the chunk its in while performing a save quit. One time its saved outside the chunk it was mainly in and now its almost completely gone. Loads of work just gone as if it was never there. Maybe gristmill can fix it but there is the chance they cannot. If so than it most likely will not be completed.

Did the reversion happen where the playground was? or did happen where your huge building was?
"Ultron,Getting resources for you,and only you"
Zorgborg242

Postby still crosshair » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Zorgborg242 wrote:
still crosshair wrote: Message to everyone

Did the reversion happen where the playground was? or did happen where your huge building was?

The Pit you remember the Pit. We jumped into it and flew out of it. well now it has a giant block in it. That did house part of a structure but now its gone. I cannot load my world in fear of it staying like this. Gristmill are hoping its the loading sequence that's messed up causing the game to renew the chunk to its original self. As for it being BS why don't you ask gristmill if they thought it was BS when I sent them a PM in the night asking if they could find a way to fix it. This was what now appears after the reversion to have been a whole chunk within my pit. The pit was mined all the way to bedrock. That much being altered in one chunk on such a old world it could have caused the game to load the area wrong. Or it was just by chance that it happen.

Another thing was the fact that I could not use the bot due to the fact it caused my FPS to drop to about 2. Why this happened is still a mystery to me but I could not risk a crash or lost world over trying to have the bot mine. As for the rest of the world I never took the time to look at it. I did a hard reset as soon as I seen the reversion had happen. One more thing we have never covered or dug a whole chunk out before and have it revert. With that said how would you know if the whole chunk does not revert but you never noticed it because you had never removed or built within it all the way across it. My world is very old and I mean very old when we still had the placeholder textures along with the old HUD and surface regolith that turned into yellow regolith when you mined it.

Like this
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby BushKillFalls » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:02 pm

I know my original world has an entire chunk +some from bedrock to sky removed and no problems with it. That world has been around since 1.2 - 1.4 if I can remember right? Maybe the update will fix it.
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby still crosshair » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:14 pm

BushKillFalls wrote:I know my original world has an entire chunk +some from bedrock to sky removed and no problems with it. That world has been around since 1.2 - 1.4 if I can remember right? Maybe the update will fix it.

I can only hope that the update will fix it. There has been a lot of recent activity in this chunk than the first time I save outside of it the reversion happens. I can only assume that they may be connected. Or that my world is filled with so many errors from all the past glitches that it just finally gave in and reverted to remove theses errors from the game. Like restoring your PC to a previous date in the hopes it removes a computer threat. I was just going to keep silent and hope it gets fixed seeing as not many have removed such a large part of there map . But after seeing the topic Motherbrain come up. I decided to speak about it in the hopes it would save a world like that from the same event.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

PreviousNext

Return to Projects and Showcase