HSG corpiration

Here is where you can talk about and show off your projects in Xenominer

Re: HSG corpiration.

Postby still crosshair » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:22 am

Well we thought the doorways were the only anomaly but we were wrong when we discovered something at the crash site. Simply looking for more crash foam but we foud something else.

DO not be fooled you may only see a light but its not the light that is under quarantine its the thing next to the light that you cannot see that has this area under quarantine. How it got here is unknown same with what it does. Oddly our PICKs caught a name and we at first thought it was simply a glitch but it was when we tried to walk through it that we knew something was there. That something was this.

Spoiler: show

Where it came from is still currently unknown along with what it does. We can only assume it has the ability to cloak something for hiding purposes. It does not even show up on our mini maps. Our worst idea is that it came from the anomaly that seems to have possibly have entered our world through the doorways.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:11 am

Project Freefall is Currently being worked on. With many bugs happening that could destroy the project. If it is destroyed it will simply be put on hold until the bug is fixed and Freefall is operational again.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby Boomwolf » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:52 pm

"PROJECT FREEFALL"?
Boomwolf

Postby still crosshair » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:07 am

Boomwolf wrote:"PROJECT FREEFALL"?

Yep project Freefall which at the moment is only in its first stages yet that has caused several reverts along with game crashes. One of the reasons why the world is constantly being backed in case of total annihilation and why what was said above was said.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Figured I would give an update for the project and where it is at the moment. I personally got burned out on it because of having to do boring repetitive things. But some people get me back interested in it and I decided to show off what was completed and what Freefall is.

Freefall was the simple idea to make a outpost type base or bunker that had the ability to be safe when ever it wanted to be. Mainly from things like venators.

Here is some pictures of free fall to show exactly what it is.
Freefall with all its bridges closed.

Freefall with its door bridges open.

As you can see Freefall is exactly what happens to what ever happens to be on those bridges when they retract. Of course this bunker was never meant to keep people out or any flying thing for that matter. Simply things that have to walk/tunnel to get to you. The area below the bridges goes down all the way to bedrock. OUCH I feel bad for anyone that falls in without a jet pack. It was also made with falling space rocks in mind. That is why the top is almost completely titanocrete except for the 3 reinforced glass windows at both ends. They allow more light in then the lights inside can provide. Plus they allow one to look outside.

Every bridge has a manual switch near the bridge its self along with all the bridges being hooked up the control tower. The large building that looks really funny and odd. This allows one person to control all the bridges at one time.
The reason why we went with the alternating bridge method was simple. Putting that many doors side by side will literally crash your game. So alternating them by passes this problem since technically they are their own bridge all functioning as 1 large bridge. Having them as sections also allows for better control of the bridges. Since I can simply activate a corner rather then having to activate then whole bridge its self.

Its amazing door traps even work at disposing venators from the world. Mainly because venators take no fall damage. This may confuse some people since they are basically being dropped by a door trap. But one thing many do not know is vantors will despawn a certain distance away from you. This is vertical and horizontal. Having the pit go to bed rock despawns all venators who are dropped into the pit. Plus seeing a venator just pop out of existence is very satisfying.

An example of the bridges or door traps in action Image

We also have a rail system from main base to the Freefall outpost. However its still under construction. That's about it for now and I may have more to show soon. I would also like to thank all those who took time out of their day to help out on this build.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Re: HSG corpiration

Postby still crosshair » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:44 pm

Okay the grav panel transportation is complete. The hard part was gathering enough endurium since most around the base underground had done been gathered and used. But after a lucrative cave venture I had enough bars to complete the missing grav panels so now everything links up. It runs from main base to Free fall. While I have no clue how long it actually is I know that I used 86 grav panels in it. I know my design is probably the most inefficient these things could be but it works and is actually fun to ride with the grav boots. Might post some pic or something to show the actual design that I like to call the snake design.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:15 am

Okay I was too lazy to just take several pictures so I just recorded me using it. If you look at the mini map or just watch you will see why I call it the snake design. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e8n6U0nhYY
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Went and put in a main air system in most of the main base and thinking of doing the tunnel system and probably Free fall as well. Its good that ducts are cheap because the amount needed was pretty large. Not quite as large as the conduit need a while back but still pretty big.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby Guitarguy1133 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:13 am

do you play on pc? i need a server to play on :( i know no one who plays pc
<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
Guitarguy1133

Postby still crosshair » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Guitarguy1133 wrote:do you play on pc? i need a server to play on :( i know no one who plays pc

Yep we all play on PC however getting people together is not easy since it depends on their time zone a long with other stuff.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

PreviousNext

Return to Projects and Showcase