Meteor Strike!

Here is where you can talk about and show off your projects in Xenominer

Meteor Strike!

Postby BushKillFalls » Thu May 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Oh no a meteor struck near the Bot Tower!

QUICK! Reinforce the base....

Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Re: Meteor Strike!

Postby Timpraetor » Fri May 09, 2014 9:53 am

That is awesome! Quick, grab the chunks as there are collectors back on Earth who'll pay serious money for them.

http://geology.com/meteorites/value-of-meteorites.shtml
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby janx » Fri May 09, 2014 2:45 pm

did that happen in the test version of the game?

whats that reddish stuff in the crater?
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Postby Timpraetor » Fri May 09, 2014 2:57 pm

I hope that's the kind of splatter that we get. I need some Aluminum right about now.
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby still crosshair » Fri May 09, 2014 4:28 pm

I will simply assume you made this on perhaps the 360. Looks like a real meteor hit just too bad it only holds copper and nothing like diamond. Also using the DLC blocks I see. I think the blood stone really adds to the look of it. I have no clue if GM will ever just give players that block in simply the non altered game. Shame they do not add anymore natural spawning blocks like it or just non DLC blocks that you can craft. Good job and perhaps next time it will be an asteroid that hits !!! ;)
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby BushKillFalls » Fri May 09, 2014 6:50 pm

I did not mean to Cause any Comotion which is why I posted my latest Project Converting the Current Empty Craters to some with a Bit more Flair around my base on one of my newer worlds.

But on the Topic of Meteors I am Sure everyone wants to see this in the Game and be able to loot the Minerals Deposited while Hopeing that their place is left intact.

I highly Doubt we will be able to get that on the 360 though. I imagine it would cost us way too much in memory to get. I am wondering however if we could get this in a Random Direction overhead.

Seeing that would let us know a Large Meteor Struck Near By and maybe at the edge of Render Give us a Flash on the Horizon that it hit and just pick a Random Coordinate in that direction that the Terrain will be replaced with a Crashed Meteor in a New Small Crater. The Next Gen System that could probably handle the same thing but inside render distance would be the only difference between the two systems as they would both have the feature but handle it in different ways that they could each handle. Like maybe a Herd of Venators attacking on the XBox One and a Pair of Scouts on the 360 where both have wandering mobs but handle them differently according to their abilities.

By the way yes it is BloodStone and there is 75 Copper Blocks in that Modified Normal Crater.
BushKillFalls

Postby rrunnheim » Fri May 09, 2014 7:02 pm

Now that's fun idea. I like the visual research as well!

Meteors were a feature we had discussed way back. They're still on the board as a to do -- but maybe not this incarnation of Xenominer.
Gristmill Studios Engine and System Programmer
http://www.gristmillstudios.com
rrunnheim

Postby still crosshair » Fri May 09, 2014 8:07 pm

Interesting idea bush about only seeing them crash. I would think one could create an asteroid crash if done like this. The map altercations may be to much though. But the thought of having like a canyon biome turn into a big hole filled with different things from the asteroid is pretty cool. I also agree with the venators wandering around. I think the dev may have just left us a clue about something coming up soon.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Fri May 30, 2014 11:27 pm

rrunnheim wrote:Now that's fun idea. I like the visual research as well!

Meteors were a feature we had discussed way back. They're still on the board as a to do -- but maybe not this incarnation of Xenominer.

I figured you were giving us a hint at something and I believe we now know what. If so then I will expect them to be in the Xenominer (launcher or engine update version)
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby BushKillFalls » Sat May 31, 2014 1:08 am

No it was just a little side project I messed around with while waiting for the bot to run a script.

Any hints I have get posted in the Testers Corner as a heads-up relatively just before the update posts and after we get to test the New Copy.

Testers Corner Thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3570
BushKillFalls

Next

Return to Projects and Showcase