Retexture project

Here is where you can talk about and show off your projects in Xenominer

Re: Retexture project

Postby still crosshair » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:40 am

BriarFae wrote:Crystal should be clear!
Small flaws or fracture pattern might look alright...

Okay thanks for the feed back :) What about diamonds since they also have this clearish like form ?
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby BriarFae » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:47 am

All naturally formed crystal structures including diamond grow with flaws.

So I guess a small flaw for Diamond?
if you can read this your to close
BriarFae

Postby still crosshair » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:33 am

Crystal textures have been altered but you would more then likely not see it unless I put the two textures next to each other. Working on diamond
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:40 am

Okay guys made a few changes and I fixed the picture at the start to the newest textures and will post them below as well. Now all crystals and diamonds are back to being clear like blocks and I messed around with the black panels. Enjoy...

Crystals

Diamond

Black panels
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:59 am

I almost forgot to mention the new xenotech block textures guys.

The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Okay People I need to know if you want the current grate in the pack or if you want me to take the default one and try to corrode it like the other textures. As a reminder you can check the front page for the grate texture. I will most likly post a corroded grate texture if I make one. Remember you guys decided the packs textures.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:39 pm

Okay here is a corroded default grate.

close up
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby UltraFRS » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:40 am

Hey there :) I like most of your textures but I would like to ask a few questions :)

1. Why is xbox a no go? The Dev's are able to release a DLC or an update with extended block's so I don't see the issue especially now we have some full time grister's.

2. Can you lower the amount of light put out by the endurium? it is extremely bright when not contained in a dark place.

3. Feel like check out my idea's I just posted them in the general forum :)
UltraFRS

Postby still crosshair » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 am

UltraFRS wrote:Hey there :) I like most of your textures but I would like to ask a few questions :)

1. Why is xbox a no go? The Dev's are able to release a DLC or an update with extended block's so I don't see the issue especially now we have some full time grister's.

2. Can you lower the amount of light put out by the endurium? it is extremely bright when not contained in a dark place.

3. Feel like check out my idea's I just posted them in the general forum :)

The reason why Xbox is a no go is I nor gristmill can endorse modding your game on xbox. Sure they could add them in their self's as texture packs like total miner did and perhaps one day they will. But endorsing the ability to mod your game on xbox is violating their terms of service. If you really want them as new blocks or a texture pack on Xbox I suggest maybe asking in the feature request for it. I would have no problem giving them the altered files to use in fact they can download them in the modding section if they want.

I only do textures but I suspect that one could do other things to lower the light or think of textures that shaded the light making it darker if its possible to do so. I seen your ideas and they are interesting indeed and some power grid stuff has already been done in swarm so at least the block textures could be brought over.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby Mataeus » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:11 am

I'm seriously impressed SC. That's great professional looking texture work. They look pretty hi-res; if they were added the GM to be used as an 'alternate textures' pack for the Xbox version, would they make it chug?

I assume you started by extracting the current textures - , what resolution were they? And what resolution are your textures?

I think they all look great, but I would keep the crystals clear with a little cracking in the corners, and maybe one slight flaw off centre - a hairline crack, maybe. But at the moment they look mottled.

Apart from that, it's excellent work and you should be proud. Tip: make sure that you import your textures and build a wall out of them, then step back quite a distance and see how they tile. You will want to avoid any obvious lines / patterns that are migraine inducing from a distance, if people are going to make decent builds using your texture pack :)

But yes, great work. Rust, corrosion, love it! :)
~~~ Vae Victis! ~~~
Mataeus

PreviousNext

Return to Projects and Showcase