Colorful panels Project

Here is where you can talk about and show off your projects in Xenominer

Colorful panels Project

Postby still crosshair » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:36 pm

Need some feed back on something new in pre testing phase. This pack simply adds in what you see down below and that is it.Everything else should be normal texture... at least for now that is.

I seen swarm had some colored panels so I thought original xenominer should also have access to these kind of textures for different builds. I do not have access to swarms textures so I had to make my own colored panel textures.No clue if anyone would actually use it or not. I know some wanted these blocks for pixel art and epic ship/base looks. It still has a while to go but the idea seems good enough. Since its a new project I felt it needed its own topic to discuss things in. Another thing is if we should rename texture packs to something more in game friendly. Texture pack is blunt and not well just not friendly towards the games universe. Something like AVIP or (Altering Vision Input Pack) seems more friendly towards the game then texture pack. Not to mention everyone would be A-VIP ;)
Last edited by still crosshair on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Re: Colorful panels Project

Postby Guitarguy1133 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:58 pm

i really like those! which blocks would those be replacing? Since you can't add your own, you're not able to add in 10 different coloured metal panels... would they replace sandstone? or woudl they replace the different cretes as well as ceramic and what not...?
<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
Guitarguy1133

Postby still crosshair » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Guitarguy1133 wrote:i really like those! which blocks would those be replacing? Since you can't add your own, you're not able to add in 10 different coloured metal panels... would they replace sandstone? or woudl they replace the different cretes as well as ceramic and what not...?

No natural materials were altered only the metal blocks you could craft like bannded wall and basically all the other metal blocks are gone but you get multicolored panels in return.Stuff like vents and ducts are unchanged.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby Guitarguy1133 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:08 pm

still crosshair wrote:
Guitarguy1133 wrote:i really like those! which blocks would those be replacing? Since you can't add your own, you're not able to add in 10 different coloured metal panels... would they replace sandstone? or woudl they replace the different cretes as well as ceramic and what not...?

No natural materials were altered only the metal blocks you could craft like bannded wall and basically all the other metal blocks are gone but you get multicolored panels in return.Stuff like vents and ducts are unchanged.

That's good. I was wondering which ones would be replaced... I like them... I wonder why coloured blocks aren't in Xenominer already since they're in swarm... :?:
<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
Guitarguy1133

Postby still crosshair » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:56 pm

Guitarguy1133 wrote:
That's good. I was wondering which ones would be replaced... I like them... I wonder why coloured blocks aren't in Xenominer already since they're in swarm... :?:

No clue but that is why I am working on this pack for everyone that wanted them and are willing to give up the other textures for the extra colored panels. I have a new light grey or white like panel I plan to add in to the build when I can. I also plan to put a picture up when I can and I also forgot the yellow panel in my screen cap so I will have to get that as well.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:07 am

Updated the picture to include all the new panels. Now the question I want to ask you guys. Should I take the duct texture and change it to a new color panel texture? I am running out of blocks to retexture so some sacrifices may need to be done.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:36 am

Okay got some pictures of them being used in an actual build so you can see them in a build and not just on a wall. All the pictures are below in the spoiler. One thing I think I may do is turn that white panel a little bit darker into a light grey. But I would want everyone else opinions on that before I did it.

The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Return to Projects and Showcase