The Sick truth

The place to go for your "50 Shades of Xenos" fix.

The Sick truth

Postby still crosshair » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:45 pm

This story is told like how JohnnyBlood tells his books

JohnnyBlood wrote:Author notes- Book 2 is told primarily through dialogue with small amounts of text explaining simple actions and colored text telling thoughts.

Chapter 1 Only time can tell
Spoiler: show
Chapter 1: Only time can tell

Anonymous: Test 1...2...3

Dr.Hammock: Hello this doctor Richard Hammock over the study of man-made ailments. Most only know me by my last name Hammock.

A door opens behind the desk Dr.Hammock is sitting at.
Anonymous: Dr.Hammock we have another case of the green fever.

Dr.Hammock: Okay...Coming as fast as I can get my protection mask on.
The sound of papers and books being moved can be heard,then the sounds of frantic footsteps as the recorder is cut off.

Dr.Hammock: Dr.Hammock again with another case of the green fever. I worry we may all die on this station before a cure can be found for it. So I am leaving recordings like this so they can be found. Slight pause The green fever emerged from a man that had been working to take out bug populations in a new area of space. We do not know how he was infected,all that can be certain is has similar symptoms to the man made virus called "The Mush" in common talk. So far we have determined that it is actually not a virus,our results for bacteria keep coming up inconclusive. Will tell more after the autopsy is done on the first victim.

Sound of panting and heavy breathing can be heard
Dr.Hammock: One of my nurses just fell ill under the green fever,she was found near another victim lying on the ground. The fever is spreading and soon we will all be dead unless they lift the quarantine lock-down and let us out.
The recorder is cut off with the loud bang of a fist

Dr.Hammock: I have had to take the day off to try and recollect myself after I had a panic attack and started to hit one of the stations windows with a stool. The autopsy only gave us more questions rather then answers. The man's insides had a rock structure inside of them,Causing internal bleeding and his death. I am no rock expert but the sample we pulled appeared to have more of a crystal like structure such as quartz or diamond. Still no clue how or why it was inside of him.

Dr.Hammock: Today we got supplies from a small shuttle outfitted specifically to deliver here. It was full of drones with guns ready to shoot anyone coming in contact with them. They left supplies in the airlock along with a exodrone outfitted with doctor supplies and equipment.
We wheeled in the drone and supplies after they had left the station. Someone found a note saying the drone was to be stored with me the head doctor and so far only doctor here. Apparently my panic attack was seen as me needing a baby sitter. A puff can be heard followed by a slight pause At-least I know they are still watching us,only time can tell how long this will last.

Chapter 2 The new doctor is in
Chapter 2: The new doctor is in

Anonymous: All systems seem to be functioning correctly.

Everything is pitch black other then two small slits of light coming from what seems to be a door .

Anonymous: Wish I had a flashlight or night vision

Dr.John: Hello... HELLO...

Suddenly the two slits turns into a wall of light with a silhouette standing in the middle of it.

Dr.Hammock: Oh... I see the baby sitter is finally on the scene.

Dr.John: Hello I am Dr.John and I assume you are Dr.Hammock, the head of this small " hospital" station.

Dr.Hammock: Yes everything you have said is correct, I simply want to know if you have slept any?

Dr.john: Er... Yea I woke-up about 6 hours ago, why?

Dr.Hammock: Because you woke me up in the middle of our night simulation.

Dr.John: Oh sorry I had no clue what time schedule you would be on, not to mention the other problems over here.

Dr.Hammock: Well since you have me up lets go over our major problem at hand.

Dr.John: Ah yes the green fever as you call it.

Dr.Hammock: Yes the green fever is what we have started calling it.

Both move into Dr.Hammock's office and start going over all of his current research into the green fever.

Dr.John: I seen from a report that you can only match this problem to a man made virus you called "The Mush", yet your main background is over the man-made ailments.

Dr.Hammock: Yes I am mainly in the study of man-made ailments, But I also have many years of experience with natural sicknesses as well.

Dr.John: Have you tried nanobot injections against this green fever?

Dr.Hammock: Of course I have, it is after all mandatory to at least let the patient consider it if other treatments fail.

Dr.John: So I take it you used them with out advanced treatment techniques and let them try to figure it out themselves.

Dr.Hammock: You would be correct with what you just said, our ability to upload advanced treatment is out of order and was never fixed.

Dr.John: I see you found some sort of "rock" after the autopsy was completed.

Dr.Hammock: Yes we did find some form of solid inside the victim and I sent the sample out for testing, never got any results.

Dr.John: I seen on your file that you cannot properly sync to an exodrone without any A.I help.

Dr.Hammock: Yea a medical condition keeps me from being able to properly sync to a exodrone.

Dr.John: I assume this is also what causes your panic attacks as well?

Dr.Hammock: How about I ask you some questions instead?

Dr.John sees that he is making Dr.Hammock uncomfortable and goes along with what Dr.Hammock suggested.
Dr.John: Okay then shoot away.

Dr.Hammock: Okay, what is a exodrone doing here about human ailments and not working in the field on exodrones?

Dr.John: Well I mainly work in person on my jobs, superiors wanted someone who could be "immune" via exodrone.

Dr.Hammock: Okay well if you do not mind I am going to try to catch what is left of my sleep, you can just sit there or be quiet.

Dr.John: Okay I will try to find out what happen to your sample results in the mean time.

Chapter 3 The learning game

Chapter:3 The learning game

Dr.John: All the clues have my very confused, from the lost "rock" to the nanobot failure. Perhaps some advanced treatments could kill off this green fever.

Dr.Hammock: perhaps it would work, if she agrees of course. We still have no clue how victim one contracted this ailment.

Dr.John: The only thing that could of given up clear answers is that crystal or rock you pulled from the body.

Dr.Hammock: Do you have any advanced treatments you feel confident in using?

Dr.John: I think we need to learn more on how this sickness handles invaders and attackers. I think an advanced defensive breach will prove positive in getting answers.

Dr.Hammock: Very well I will go see if she is willing to consider this test.

After a couple of minutes the advanced treatment nanobots are ready to be deployed. Soon Dr.Hammock returns back to Dr.John

Dr.Hammock: She has decided to allow us to try your test, I suggest we move now before she becomes even worse.

Dr.John: Very well the nanobots are ready for deployment. They will defend the breach giving us the option to easily remove them.

Both begin work inserting the nanobots into the sick patient.

Dr.John: Okay nanobots have been successfully deployed and are sitting idle.

Dr.Hammock: Okay then get ready to extract them in case something goes wrong.

Dr.John: Looks like they have picked up movement towards the breached skin.

At that moment the patient starts to move around wildly on the table and screaming in pain

Dr.John: Quickly get her strapped down now, I have to keep this arm secure.

Dr.Hammock quickly grabs the other hand and tries to hold it down.

Dr.Hammock: Quickly hold her lags down nurse.

The nurse hesitates to help for a second, then holds down both legs.

Dr.Hammock: Whats going on with the nanobots?

Dr.John: They are being overrun by something.

Dr.Hammock: Quickly extract them while you can.

Dr.John: We have to learn and that means we have to see this whole process. The sickness is using a defense tactic of its own and we have to see every step of it.

Dr.Hammock: She will not last much more of this Dr.John and you know this. Now I beg for you to please extract them now.

Dr.John: the process is all most complete, just a few more seconds.

Dr.John quickly starts the extraction process to remove the nanobots from the patient.

Dr.John: It seems the process is stuck I have to precisely widen the breach it seems.

Dr.John Quickly and precisely works to free something causing the extraction to become stuck. Finally removing the something from the patients body.

Dr.Hammock: What is it Dr.John?

Dr.John: This is your crystal or "rock" that went missing.

Dr.John lifts up a small clear container containing a small glowing crystal.

Dr.John: Our nanobots have been trapped in this thing. I have not seen anything have defenses as quick as this sickness.

Dr.Hammock: Do you think it can lead us to some answers on how to kill it?

Dr.John: I can start analyzing it right away with my mobile lab.

Compartment opens on the drone and closes after Dr.John inserts the sample.

Dr.John: It will take some time I suggest you tend to all the sick while I go to work.

Chapter 4 Put the pieces together.
Dr.John: I have some interesting results from my tests on the sample.

Dr.Hammock: So what are these results then?

Dr.John: My tests have concluded that our crystal is not what we thought it was.

Dr.Hammock: So does this mean they are not the simple defense system we thought they were?

Dr.John: Yes and no it seems. My tests show the crystal to be a more advanced form of this parasite or sickness.

Dr.Hammock: Do you really mean to tell me that the crystal itself is alive? That is a bold claim to make.

Dr.John: Tests prove that the crystal is some form of life. However it could take decades to learn anything of significance about it.

Dr.Hammock: So how does it go from something like a cold to a crystal? I can only assume you have a hypothesis.

Dr.John: I think perhaps the green fever is how new crystals are produced. Meaning that perhaps certain exposure to a crystal causes green fever.

Dr.Hammock: I heard rumors that the survivor had documented proof of glowing crystals existing on Xenos. Perhaps both crystals are connected?

Dr.John: I did a check on your number 0 case, I was able to obtain all the lists of cargo associated with him.

Dr.Hammock: Then we must go through it in case he did have crystals in his possession.

Dr.John: I found one list that tagged a "Set" of rainbow crystals. I did more research into this and found that he inspected this cargo in person.

Dr.Hammock: Only a crazy person would break through the mandatory seals on that kind of cargo.

Dr.John: Perhaps so, or maybe he was the curious cat. Either way no one else entered with him or reported any broken seals.

Dr.Hammock: Any-chance cameras picked him up?

Dr.John: He had a larger container holding more than the crystals. The cameras have nothing on him inside of that container.

Dr.Hammock: My last question is how come our results are negative for virus yet The Mush is a virus. Not to forget your idea makes it sound like a virus as well.

Dr.John: The answer to that question is simple. This is an alien creature meaning we have no clue how it works.

Dr.Hammock: The unknown is always becoming known over time. One day we will know all about this crystal sickness.

Dr.John: Until then I will try to get access to that "Set" of crystals. Maybe a sample will tells us what we need to know.
Last edited by still crosshair on Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Re: The Sick truth

Postby QWERQY » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:12 am

....I'm confused...
QWERQY

Postby still crosshair » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:41 am

QWERQY wrote:....I'm confused...

Sorry for the confusion you are experiencing. I am simply trying to do something similar to how JohnnyBlood was doing his Fallen without sound posts. With the first chapter simply looking into someones life through recordings rather then directly. No thoughts in the first chapter since it was simply recordings. Things you would or would not hear through simple actions like a pause in talking or someone moving books and papers are listed.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby QWERQY » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:30 pm

still crosshair wrote:

Sorry for the confusion you are experiencing. I am simply trying to do something similar to how JohnnyBlood was doing his Fallen without sound posts. With the first chapter simply looking into someones life through recordings rather then directly. No thoughts in the first chapter since it was simply recordings. Things you would or would not hear through simple actions like a pause in talking or someone moving books and papers are listed.

Okay. I understood that, but the story makes no sense to me :lol:

Some people probably got it, I am not one of those people
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby still crosshair » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:25 pm

QWERQY wrote:
still crosshair wrote:

Okay. I understood that, but the story makes no sense to me :lol:

Some people probably got it, I am not one of those people

Well I hope as the story progresses it will make more sense. If not then that is my terrible story telling at work.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby QWERQY » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:28 pm

Usually stuff makes sense when you progress it.
Terrible or not its still a story. Me and our are the last living writers here ;-;

Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby still crosshair » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:58 pm

QWERQY wrote:Usually stuff makes sense when you progress it.
Terrible or not its still a story. Me and our are the last living writers here ;-;

Sadly I have been busy with life recently :( . Will try to add on when I get some free time.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby QWERQY » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:56 pm

still crosshair wrote:
QWERQY wrote:Usually stuff makes sense when you progress it.

Sadly I have been busy with life recently :( . Will try to add on when I get some free time.

Life tends to happen. Its fine , can't wait for the next part (then I'll probably understand what's happening :D )

Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby JohnnyBlood » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Good luck. I stopped posting because the way I looked at it, I could just make a podcast using the story as a rough draft (I wouldn't read it word for word). I would be able to work on acting and creating more suspense than I ever could with words. However i too have life issues that have kept me from such a dream. I hope you're story comes to a conclusion. Every other fanfic seems to just go to "Oh no something's happening" and then stops updating. So i guess in that respect keep it short and contained so you can have an easier time answering all the questions.
Leroy T. Pumpkin
JohnnyBlood

Postby still crosshair » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:27 pm

JohnnyBlood wrote:Good luck. I stopped posting because the way I looked at it, I could just make a podcast using the story as a rough draft (I wouldn't read it word for word). I would be able to work on acting and creating more suspense than I ever could with words. However i too have life issues that have kept me from such a dream. I hope you're story comes to a conclusion. Every other fanfic seems to just go to "Oh no something's happening" and then stops updating. So i guess in that respect keep it short and contained so you can have an easier time answering all the questions.

Thanks for the tips, I plan to update when I have the time to do so. Right now my story is just more slow and mainly dialogue then I could make it. Hopefully it will pick up more quickly if I feel like it at the time.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Return to Fan Fiction