Thoughts on DownGate: ExoDrone Wars

Discussions related directly to Downgate

Re: Thoughts on DownGate: ExoDrone Wars

Postby BushKillFalls » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks for the information Guys.

Maybe to break the Trends of most games Might I suggest a variant Versions of Holding an Area.

A Map Clock is set for 5,10,20 Minute Intervals

The Map Clock Ticks Down as long as no one is occupying the area to be held.

When the Map Clock reaches 0 the Match is over and a Winner or Draw is Declared.

Teams gain 1 Point for holding the area for 1-2 full minutes during which the Map Clock doesn't tick down.

Teams can use the Map Time to try and Force a Win with a Lower Score by Refusing the Opponent Team the Chance to Score and run the Clock out.

When an Area is Successfully Held by any Team an additional 30sec is added to the World Clock allowing teams to lengthen the game by successfully capturing more areas Faster and maybe making up a loosing Score from a bad Start.

Maybe allow 1-4 Teams

I know a lot of games I have played you only get the Listed Time or a Set Score but it might be neat to break the Norm and allow really good teams to slug it out using different tactics involving time alteration to achieve some high or low scores to win.
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby still crosshair » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:55 am

Seen it and think its great so far. The weapons and new blocks are great along with the mini map and the cool looking PICKs. One issue I had was that the bots voices were a little too loud for my ears with the headset. I cannot wait to see how this game improves and helps its older brother xenominer. I think the two will help each other out a lot.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby Gristmill » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:04 am

Thanks Crosshair! :D
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyBlood » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:49 am

I wish i could be as optimistic... I played the game and its just not my cup of tea. it feels like any other voxel box FPS. The only difference is the setting and the level up system for new gear.
Leroy T. Pumpkin
JohnnyBlood

Postby jon22 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Okay game. Not many people playing. Needs free-for-all mode as I personally hate being forced to play as part of a team. Also not a fan of promo codes to unlock stuff. My promo code for the Recon class won't even work. Tried CAPS, lowercase and adding and removing those little lines but the code says invalid no matter how many times I enter the code as it appears on the main menu.
Gamertag: jon221985. I'm not a hardcore player but if I am not really doing much I am willing to help with mining or guarding against Venators. Message me and I will let you know if I am able to help. I also have a mic too.
jon22

Postby still crosshair » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:49 pm

jon22 wrote:Okay game. Not many people playing. Needs free-for-all mode as I personally hate being forced to play as part of a team. Also not a fan of promo codes to unlock stuff. My promo code for the Recon class won't even work. Tried CAPS, lowercase and adding and removing those little lines but the code says invalid no matter how many times I enter the code as it appears on the main menu.

I think you get that code from xenominer which needs to be updated to give / receive codes. But I cannot remember right now if that's correct or not. I guess gristmill will have to say or I go and look just to check.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby Gristmill » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:38 pm

yes, you get a code from XM for DG, and a code from DG for XM ... so that's the wrong code. Sorry for the confusion, will make much more sense when the XM patch goes out.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby Gristmill » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:39 pm

There's a great single player mode, the Landing Zone map is actually fairly challenging.

Checking it out this afternoon we had 6 - 8 people or more playing at any given time.

A free-for-all deathmatch would be fun too, agreed
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby still crosshair » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Gristmill wrote:There's a great single player mode, the Landing Zone map is actually fairly challenging.

Checking it out this afternoon we had 6 - 8 people or more playing at any given time.

A free-for-all deathmatch would be fun too, agreed

Yes it is pretty fun however are there more than two maps or are they MP only ? Because if there are than perhaps they can be added to single player as well. Another thing is I have not seen any doors on the maps yet. If they are in the game than perhaps some maps that feature a lot of doors such as a bunker map.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby jon22 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:27 pm

So that code is for Xenominer. Played again this time with more people including Gristmill devs. Pretty fun with the grav boots. I think the levels are random as I played 3 stages not in single player mode.

P.S Any chance that radar with named locations appearing in Xenominer? Very nice radar dat is :mrgreen:
Gamertag: jon221985. I'm not a hardcore player but if I am not really doing much I am willing to help with mining or guarding against Venators. Message me and I will let you know if I am able to help. I also have a mic too.
jon22

PreviousNext

Return to Downgate Talk