[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Gristmill Studios Forum • View topic - Thoughts on DownGate: ExoDrone Wars

Thoughts on DownGate: ExoDrone Wars

Discussions related directly to Downgate

Re: Thoughts on DownGate: ExoDrone Wars

Postby jon22 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:48 pm

I'd prefer if X was reload and Y was switch weapons personally, but meh I'll get used to it. I do agree with the need of making friend and foe more obvious though. Maybe make it so your allies names are permanently above the heads of players in green, and when they move away from you a certain distance it goes see through but you can still see it when they are on the other side of the map, or a small green blip above their head. Enemies should have no name appear above their head inless you target them directly, or they are close to you, in red font. Players on the same team as me always try to kill me nearly everytime I play, which is really annoying.
Gamertag: jon221985. I'm not a hardcore player but if I am not really doing much I am willing to help with mining or guarding against Venators. Message me and I will let you know if I am able to help. I also have a mic too.
jon22

Postby BushKillFalls » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:35 pm

Last edited by BushKillFalls on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
box Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby ARCLIGHT545 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:46 am

Last edited by ARCLIGHT545 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moon Name: Leviathan
Active Contract: The Leviathan Project/Corporate Communications Director
Leviathan Corporation Forum: http://leviathan.6te.net/phpBB3/index.php
ARCLIGHT545

Postby janx » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:01 pm

the important thing is, I finally beat runheim in a match of 2v2.
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control

ZM Script Designer:
janx

Postby ARCLIGHT545 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Thats ALWAYS a good thing :)
Moon Name: Leviathan
Active Contract: The Leviathan Project/Corporate Communications Director
Leviathan Corporation Forum: http://leviathan.6te.net/phpBB3/index.php
ARCLIGHT545

Postby BushKillFalls » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:47 pm

:twisted: :lol:
BushKillFalls

Postby still crosshair » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:37 am

Well I watch a guy kill his only team member several times during a match. But he was not trying to team kill but just get kills. He thought his teammate was a enemy and several times thought the enemy was teammates. So that ID system is something that should be done sooner than later.
still crosshair

Postby janx » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:06 am

The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control

ZM Script Designer:
janx

Postby BushKillFalls » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:01 pm

I still don't get how it is that hard to recognize a Bright Red Guy from a Dark Blue Guy.

About 95% of all FPS games only differentiate Teams by the Guy in Green Fatigues with Brown Spots and the Guy in Brown Fatigues with Green Spots. (unless there are Aliens, Humans and Straight up Robots in it at the same time allowing shape to be an assistant in determining teams) These Teams are Completely Different Colors with Yellow Trim Colors being the only thing in common with the other. Not to mention you are Carrying around a Big Glowing Red or Blue Gun that also signifies which team you are on. Most Games everyone uses the same exact guns. Even Halo only had team color Differences to differentiate Teams and all you had to go on was a Blue Hand and a Red Suited Enemy. DownGate has a Blue Gun and a Red Enemy.

I think it has more to do with Players never having played a FPS before aside from some not being able to tell colors on their TV. Name 1 Game that Spawns you and the Enemy Right next to each other in a Deathmatch. They don't exist. The team Killing at Spawn is simply Griefers.

I think the Name Tag above players would also help but simply knowing someone's name isn't going to solve it. Knowing I killed Joe23 isn't going to let me know he was on my team. If it said Ally it would. Maybe in the Team Colors even to Emphasize which team you are on though it detracts from the realism of a fight.

There still shouldn't be a Name Tag on enemies, though saying Enemy next to their name when the Crosshair Figure Pops Up sounds alright. The point of there being no general Name Tags is to Increase Difficulty and Realism. When I go Paintballing I don't know where my teammates are because I see a big Floating name tag above them, but because we communicate a plan of attack or have Line of Sight. Just like the enemy can be standing 3 feet in front of my face and I might not see them because they are camouflaged behind boxes of in the bush making me vulnerable. Of course that is easier done if the enemy isn't in my Party Chat when last round he was on my team so being able to choose or a friends team preference would be nice to facilitate less confusion.

So far I'd say in about 85-90% of all Battles I have fought there has been no Confusion that I have seen as everyone rushes to the Goals and kills those in their paths and Friendly fire seems to be in most part accidental due to the use of Grenades, Grenade Launchers, and Rockets. Except those that go Idle and don't move, get completely lost in the caves, or just go exploring on the map probably looking for Ideas, Entrenched Positions, or are just a few Sandwiches short of a Picnic. Also, don't forget many players play in different ways like in all games. There are always people with No Clue, Alternate Agendas, or Bad Intentions.

I agree there are more ways to communicate further what team you are on but as a whole I don't see that there is a lot more that can be done without changing Gameplay.
BushKillFalls

Postby still crosshair » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:07 pm

still crosshair

PreviousNext

Return to Downgate Talk