Whoa...

Discussions related directly to Downgate

Whoa...

Postby Selto » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:10 pm

So, there I was, just sitting there, playing Red Dead Redemption, when I decided to check the Indie Market. Now, don't get me wrong, the market is terrible. But there are some good games (I prefer Murder Miners, Bulkhead, and yes, Xenominer) that are sitting in the pile of crap that is the Xbox Live Indie Games Market. So, I went to newest releases and stumbled across Downgate: Deathmatch. (or ExoDrone Wars, one or the other) My first thought was, 'This is gonna be a top down shooter. Crap.' But, my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check it out. So I saw it was an FPS, so I got the trial thinking, 'This looks like Doom.' I boot it up, play it for a few minutes, and when the trial ends, I have the credit card information right there. Let me just say, Gristmill, you guys have outdone yourselves with this. I've got a soft-spot for the old school FPSs like Doom and Quake, which has been compared to this game numerous times before. And this is one of the coolest indie games I've ever seen. Sorry, but you guys are being beaten by Murder Miners. I just want to say, keep it up and if you keep churning out games of this quality, you're sure to get my dollars. Please, do NOT turn into Silver Dollar Games. They need to die.

Also, this is a bit farfetched, but is it possible for you guys and J-Force to collaborate for a game? Seeing how creative they were making Murder Miners (That's 3 times mentioned now, urgh) and that you guys have two great games under you, it would be like... Chuck Norris, Bruce Willis, and Mr. T. getting together with Sylvester Stallone and Clint Eastwood. Stay awesome :D
Kill them all and let God sort them out!
Selto

Re: Whoa...

Postby Gristmill » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:42 pm

Thanks Selto :D
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby Omen267901 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:28 pm

This would be amazing. I find this game very fun too, but I can't really find anybody to play with. I joined like 6 empty servers in a row yesterday. Maybe if you can find a way to advertise you'd get more players.
Omen267901

Postby Mataeus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:45 am

I have to quickly point out, that Silver Dollar Games instantly redeemed themselves with One Finger Death Punch.
It's a wee miracle of an Indie game that deserves a download from everybody.
~~~ Vae Victis! ~~~
Mataeus

Postby Gristmill » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:25 pm

Omen - any given evening I've logged in I've been able to hop into a game of 3 or more. I wasn't on last night, but pretty much I've sampled it every evening.

Check something. IF you are alone in a lobby AND you don't see the name of the next Map in the upperleft AND you don't see your Level listed by your name in the lobby: you're in a broken state. You need to close the game and restart it.

Advertising generally doesn't get anyone to XBLIG unless it's dashboard advertising. The dashboard adverts require a minimum budget of $25,000 before they'll even talk to you, so that's a bit rough.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby Omen267901 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:05 am

Gristmill wrote:Omen - any given evening I've logged in I've been able to hop into a game of 3 or more. I wasn't on last night, but pretty much I've sampled it every evening.

Check something. IF you are alone in a lobby AND you don't see the name of the next Map in the upperleft AND you don't see your Level listed by your name in the lobby: you're in a broken state. You need to close the game and restart it.

It's happened 3 days in a row now. Also, I can see the mapname, and I have a level. I was able to find one player yesterday, but no more. Also, if we already own Xenominer, will we get the code for that next update?
Omen267901

Postby Gristmill » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:46 pm

Yes, the code is coming, it's almost through review :)
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby ARCLIGHT545 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 am

Trust me fellas, I tested the new patch and it is Solid!! They made serious progress with the stability and many of the interfaces. I feel confident that you will appreciate their work. :) Theyve even modified the controls like many asked for. Switching to your secondary weapon is now Y instead of R bumper :mrgreen:
Moon Name: Leviathan
Active Contract: The Leviathan Project/Corporate Communications Director
Leviathan Corporation Forum: http://leviathan.6te.net/phpBB3/index.php
ARCLIGHT545

Postby BushKillFalls » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:04 pm

ARCLIGHT545 wrote:Switching to your secondary weapon is now Y instead of R bumper

Instead of X ;)
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Return to Downgate Talk