Shotgun damage too "long"

Things you'd like to see in the game.

Shotgun damage too "long"

Postby Timpraetor » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:35 pm

It feels like the current damage settings for the shotgun is a bit too long range. I realize that there's no atmosphere and gravity is a bit light, but a shotgun should be full damage for around 6 to 8 cubes and then fall off substantially after 10 due to the low mass of the pellets.
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Re: Shotgun damage too "long"

Postby JohnnyBlood » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:02 pm

you know what bugs me is that a lot of fps logic is that a shotgun has less range than Hannah Montana's butt. A shotgun can easily go pass 10 yards and still be effective
Leroy T. Pumpkin
JohnnyBlood

Postby Timpraetor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:15 pm

JohnnyBlood wrote:you know what bugs me is that a lot of fps logic is that a shotgun has less range than Hannah Montana's butt. A shotgun can easily go pass 10 yards and still be effective

My range numbers were in relationship to other weapons. Whether we're talking 10 yards or 30 yards, it shouldn't be the fully visible width of the current map. However, if I was in the woods with one 12 gauge shell and a wild boar had me pinned, I wouldn't take the shot until he was around 10-12 yards away at most. It's not about did I hit it, but rather did I kill it :twisted: .
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby JohnnyBlood » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:29 pm

tell you what. When Mississippi figures out what "timpraetor" its suppose to be and becomes warm again, I'll do some measurements with my 12 gauge so i don't feel like im talking out of my butt. I know it can go pretty far and still kill things.
Leroy T. Pumpkin
JohnnyBlood

Postby kathi » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:35 am

Interesting, that's a possibility. There's some chance that we'll let classes morph into other classes down the road (this class can become an a, b, or c variant) so we left it separate per character for now.
Are you worried about SK0-003 exam prep and nova.edu certification practice 1Y0-400 exam Check out our latest resources for www.dean.edu dumps and University of Kansas questions for practice
kathi

Postby BriarFae » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:36 am

kathi wrote:Interesting, that's a possibility. There's some chance that we'll let classes morph into other classes down the road (this class can become an a, b, or c variant) so we left it separate per character for now.

Class trees! Yay!
if you can read this your to close
BriarFae

Return to Feature Requests