[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Gristmill Studios Forum • View topic - Melee combat

Melee combat

Things you'd like to see in the game.

Melee combat

Postby LeeFesler » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:04 am

I think it'd be really nice to have like a combat knife, or like an energy sword or someimf when you get close to someone, Cuz I seem to have issues aiming close and so do others so it takes forever to kill someone. Lol i d just love to see it. I'd never stop playing then. :D haha.
Xbox live gamertag is - Lord Lee Kai

Want people to play BF4 and Downgate
LeeFesler

Re: Melee combat

Postby BushKillFalls » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:10 am

I definitely want to see Melee also but I am not Sure I want it to be a Knife/Sword unless it is a Plasma Knife/Sword. I don't think a Plain Steel or Titanium Knife/Sword would do at this point. Maybe if it had a minor Particle system hooked up to it when you swung it that left a brief trail of light as you swung would make it look really awesome! 8-)

I guess it might be another thing that Drained your Battery so if you are out of charge you better just run. Since we are essentially being Downloaded into Robots I just don't see a piece of Metal doing a whole lot of damage like a blade through flesh does. But Plasma through Metal is like a Hot Knife through Frozen Butter. :P

A Splash of Sparks when you hit someone would also be Sweet 8-)

Last edited by BushKillFalls on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
box Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby LeeFesler » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:15 am

Yeahhh!!!! That's what I mean, kinda like lose Halo spartan swords. :D haha. That would deff b a sick idea I hope they could implement in. It would just be, mmmmm, great! Lol

.... but that concept art tho!! O_o It looks amazing!!!! They should totally do someimg like one of those. :D but I myself am a programmer also, but I only do 2D in C++ . Lol but I work with a guy in china who does all my art and I do the programing. So I know how long concept art takes, and if you whipped it up like that, yougot mad skills.

LeeFesler

Postby BushKillFalls » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Yeah Sorry I didn't come up with those. They were merely Links to something along the lines of what I was thinking.

Personally, I think they should be more Transparent like Glass and be Called a Holo Blade, Plasma Blade or something and that only when they swing through the Air they leave a Glowing Trail of Light and Have a Mild Particle Effect on Impact that Flashes with Sparks when a Hit is Made. Maybe if it is a Plasma Blade like I first said the Particle Effect could Drip Occasionally like Blood for a Cool Visual Effect.

That's easy to do Right Gristmill :P
BushKillFalls

Postby LeeFesler » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Yeah Gristmill!!! Come onnnnn. We know you all got it in you! ;) just don't make it to much like Halo if you do. XD

LeeFesler

Postby still crosshair » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:55 pm

I remember Gristmill saying somewhere that the exodrones are actually just armored humans. Meaning that there is some organic easy to cut materials inside. Its simply cutting through that shell. I suggest doing something similar to what the flamethrower does. Create a blade that uses battery power to heat up to a hot enough temperature that it glows and slices through armor like butter. One maybe able to survive a shot to the shoulder but the head is a kill. There could also be a long sword or broadsword that could actually cut limbs off or cut people in half.
still crosshair

Postby BushKillFalls » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:08 pm

Severed Drones would be Cool 8-)

Ofcourse a Holo Blade Could be Long Like a Sword at more than 50% Battery and Short at Less than 50%. That Way it is an Offensive Weapon when you are Fully Charged and a Defensive Weapon when Partially Charged.
Last edited by BushKillFalls on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BushKillFalls

Postby brian » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:59 pm

We have a number of melee weapons. They just didn't make the 1.0 cut. They make Paul Hogan's knife look like a pocket blade.
brian

Postby BriarFae » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:53 pm

The Plasma Grenade is small radius, high damage.
It is a good substitute for melee.

I've 1 hit killed with it, probably every time not counting misses.
(it's radius is about the size of your feet, maybe double that)
BriarFae

Return to Feature Requests