Melee combat

Things you'd like to see in the game.

Melee combat

Postby LeeFesler » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:04 am

I think it'd be really nice to have like a combat knife, or like an energy sword or someimf when you get close to someone, Cuz I seem to have issues aiming close and so do others so it takes forever to kill someone. Lol i d just love to see it. I'd never stop playing then. :D haha.
Xbox live gamertag is - Lord Lee Kai

Want people to play BF4 and Downgate
LeeFesler

Re: Melee combat

Postby BushKillFalls » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:10 am

I definitely want to see Melee also but I am not Sure I want it to be a Knife/Sword unless it is a Plasma Knife/Sword. I don't think a Plain Steel or Titanium Knife/Sword would do at this point. Maybe if it had a minor Particle system hooked up to it when you swung it that left a brief trail of light as you swung would make it look really awesome! 8-)

I guess it might be another thing that Drained your Battery so if you are out of charge you better just run. Since we are essentially being Downloaded into Robots I just don't see a piece of Metal doing a whole lot of damage like a blade through flesh does. But Plasma through Metal is like a Hot Knife through Frozen Butter. :P

A Splash of Sparks when you hit someone would also be Sweet 8-)

Last edited by BushKillFalls on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby LeeFesler » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:15 am

Yeahhh!!!! That's what I mean, kinda like lose Halo spartan swords. :D haha. That would deff b a sick idea I hope they could implement in. It would just be, mmmmm, great! Lol

.... but that concept art tho!! O_o It looks amazing!!!! They should totally do someimg like one of those. :D but I myself am a programmer also, but I only do 2D in C++ . Lol but I work with a guy in china who does all my art and I do the programing. So I know how long concept art takes, and if you whipped it up like that, yougot mad skills.

LeeFesler

Postby BushKillFalls » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Yeah Sorry I didn't come up with those. They were merely Links to something along the lines of what I was thinking.

Personally, I think they should be more Transparent like Glass and be Called a Holo Blade, Plasma Blade or something and that only when they swing through the Air they leave a Glowing Trail of Light and Have a Mild Particle Effect on Impact that Flashes with Sparks when a Hit is Made. Maybe if it is a Plasma Blade like I first said the Particle Effect could Drip Occasionally like Blood for a Cool Visual Effect.

That's easy to do Right Gristmill :P
BushKillFalls

Postby LeeFesler » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Yeah Gristmill!!! Come onnnnn. We know you all got it in you! ;) just don't make it to much like Halo if you do. XD

LeeFesler

Postby still crosshair » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:55 pm

I remember Gristmill saying somewhere that the exodrones are actually just armored humans. Meaning that there is some organic easy to cut materials inside. Its simply cutting through that shell. I suggest doing something similar to what the flamethrower does. Create a blade that uses battery power to heat up to a hot enough temperature that it glows and slices through armor like butter. One maybe able to survive a shot to the shoulder but the head is a kill. There could also be a long sword or broadsword that could actually cut limbs off or cut people in half.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby BushKillFalls » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:08 pm

Severed Drones would be Cool 8-)

Ofcourse a Holo Blade Could be Long Like a Sword at more than 50% Battery and Short at Less than 50%. That Way it is an Offensive Weapon when you are Fully Charged and a Defensive Weapon when Partially Charged.
Last edited by BushKillFalls on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BushKillFalls

Postby brian » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:59 pm

We have a number of melee weapons. They just didn't make the 1.0 cut. They make Paul Hogan's knife look like a pocket blade.
brian

Postby BriarFae » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:53 pm

The Plasma Grenade is small radius, high damage.
It is a good substitute for melee.

I've 1 hit killed with it, probably every time not counting misses.
(it's radius is about the size of your feet, maybe double that)
if you can read this your to close
BriarFae

Return to Feature Requests