More Laser beams

Things you'd like to see in the game.

More Laser beams

Postby janx » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:19 am

One of the things I liked about the guns in Xeno Miner was the spray of laser blasts, ala Star Wars.

Since Downgate seems to feature a lot of 'wahoo!' combat, I am surprised to see that the Engineer has all the flashy stuff (flames, green clouds of acid, explosions). And the marine has the the mostly silent and sort of deadly pea shooter. It doesn't make any noise. It doesn't have an impressive spray of bullets or laser blasts.

That's not flashy enough. I want to see every weapon in a brilliant display of carnage.
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Re: More Laser beams

Postby BushKillFalls » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:06 pm

The Plasma Weapon Upgrades would be cool if they Fired Lasers like the Pick does in Bursts when Fired.

Similar to these in the sense that they are not just Straight Lasers but a kind of Pulse Firing.

Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Re: More Laser beams

Postby BriarFae » Wed May 14, 2014 2:34 pm

sniper + flamethrower = Laser sniper
long range, pin point, continuous fire/burning

like how the flamethrower continues until you release the trigger or run out of ammo

edit. not a laser but still(it's quoted from Xenominer>Feature Requests)
still crosshair wrote:Any chance we can get a railgun put into the game. I feels like it fits the theme of the weapons so far. Since they all use power to work. I know that a railgun uses a projectile and not actual energy as its ammo. I just feel that it fits in with the game as a more futuristic weapon. Not to mention the idea of it doing major damage on certain enemies since it shoots a projectile and not plasma.There is also the idea of it being a mining tool as well. Since the projectiles could possibly go through a wall of 2 or 3 blocks. You could create ammo for it that could have a chance to be recovered from dead mobs like the venators. Such as rods or simply bullet like projectiles that would not really be able to be recovered. It may be a little low tech since it uses ammo and not energy.But it is something that could be useful against certain mobs.

you could use the radar to try to shoot an enemy through a wall :twisted:
if you can read this your to close
BriarFae

Return to Feature Requests