Frequent posting

Things you'd like to see in the game.

Frequent posting

Postby essenceoflove » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:41 pm

To the developers. I think frequent posting any information will help existing and potential costumers stay and become interested. For instance, you don't have an update, but it's been a month. Just a quick shout out, tell let people know your still working on all your projects.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
essenceoflove

Re: Frequent posting

Postby Gristmill » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:02 am

Heya essence!

Yeah, we agree. The truth is we used to be a lot more active on this board, posting several times a day - this just happens to be a busy time and it's unfortunately not possible for us to keep up that kind of pace. We've been working on this game for about 2+ years now, and most of the forum readers are used to us needing two or 3 months per update ... you have a good point about newcomers who might not be as used to it.

Maybe I can whip up a "State of the Update" address pretty soon. Thanks for the head's up :)
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby essenceoflove » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Thank you for your response. That's a good idea. Here's another one. Select a forum admin that you trust, to act as your spokesman from time to time. Call or drop him/her an email, then they can take the time to post something for you. Although my idea wouldn't save much time......hmmm.
essenceoflove

Postby Guitarguy1133 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:58 am

THIS is why i suggested an IRC channel... people pop in ask a quick question someone responds. get in get out. forums could take days to get a response especially if the dev staff is busy. but on an IRC if the dev staff is on the channel a lot they could see someone asking questions or a group of people frequently asking the same question and you could change the channel topic to like "[gamename] update will be released soon" or something along those lines or you could be li ke "hey [user name] the update for [game name] has been pushed back due to a bug we caught." "oh okay thanks" (user leaves). IRC typically means more interaction/ Q & A from the devs to the consumer. a lot of devs have IRC channels even some of the tiny ones (chucklefish and handyman)
<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
Guitarguy1133

Postby janx » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm

I agree on posting a regular progress update. Silence is the enemy. That's just good project management.

Set a recurring calendar reminder and whip up a post. Just like a scrum, talk about what's been done, what's in progress, and what's in your way. do it once a week or month if you need to keep it from being a lot of work.

I'm not as sold on IRC for developers. Interruptions are killer from productivity, and IM and IRC are constant interrupts. I get some devs can pull it off (or at least seem to because they are active on the chat), but my 30+ years experience is that interruptions are not good for focusing on tough problems.
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Return to Feature Requests