Empty Multiplayer Lobby (You are Not Alone)

Find a bug, crash or problem? Post it here.

Empty Multiplayer Lobby (You are Not Alone)

Postby Gristmill » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:33 am

You're actually not alone ... you're not the only one playing the game.

We've found a bug where occasionally when you join Multiplayer, the game thinks you're alone and puts you in a Lobby all by yourself. You're actually in a strange bugged state. You can tell this has happened to you when you see that your character's name in the list has NO LEVEL or EXPERIENCE printed beside it.

If you just see your name, no level ... probably quit and try joining back.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Re: Empty Multiplayer Lobby (You are Not Alone)

Postby BriarFae » Thu May 29, 2014 9:01 pm

If you're still alone.
Try inviting a friend or...

Go to DownGate Talk: Organizing hosting times and dates
and try starting something.

Or meet me at 9 ish on Saturdays (see below) when I'm not working.
if you can read this your to close
BriarFae

Postby janx » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:43 am

I tried to join the PtP event last night, and got stuck in the empty level. It DID show my level as 10 for Eugene the Engineer drone.

GSM's gotta do what they gotta do, but this inability to see active games or join/invite into an existing lobby is really frustrating.

I spent an hour in a party, listening to my Xeno-friends having a good time, while I sat trying to get DG to join up into their lobby (and we know it had room because other people joined their game).

that sucked the fun out of it, so I went back to watching TV with the wife. Gristmill loses points every time I play their games with her watching and she sees it not work for most of the night.
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Postby BushKillFalls » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:51 am

Janx actually was alone :(

We had a 3 vs 3 Match going for most of the night and at the end of the Night the Sorting Program made it 3 vs 4 while we had at least 3 people sitting in rooms trying to join us but not even getting placed into their own match. There was obviously at least 1 open slot in 3:4 for someone to join in and only when Hyde went to the Main menu to Edit his Drone Layouts from Ranking up so much did he get placed into a 1 on 1 I believe with Janx and then the Game put Hyde Back in with Us and left Janx alone once again. There were several players I had never met before in and out of our matches and 2 that were in our match for at least half the Night. I would say there were at least 15 players that I saw on for Prime the Pump so we are Growing each week and just need a tweak to the Match Maker that allows multiple matches to go on and maybe even though I like to play with Friends a little more Randomization to keep things spicy :twisted:

We are Shooting for another PtP Night each Saturday at 9PM Eastern / 8PM Central so if there is a quick way to patch this it will make Game Night much more popular :D
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby janx » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:30 pm

yeah, i got to play Hyde for a short match while I was actually trying to debug my headset because Live wasn't recognizing the mic was plugged in. 15 minutes of that hour was wondering why nobody was responding to me...

Anyway, this matchmaking problem is actually a big buzzkill.
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Return to Bug Reports