CRASHES

Find a bug, crash or problem? Post it here.

CRASHES

Postby froganox13 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:31 pm

sorry gristmill, but your 1.1 green screen fix didn't work. I joined two games and it crashed in both.
-Cpt Maple of Task Force 13
-CODENAME: FROGANOX
-Xbox gamertag:FROGANOX
froganox13

Re: CRASHES

Postby jon22 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:33 pm

Everytime I try and play multiplayer 90% of the time I am in a bugged lobby with no level info, just my name.
Gamertag: jon221985. I'm not a hardcore player but if I am not really doing much I am willing to help with mining or guarding against Venators. Message me and I will let you know if I am able to help. I also have a mic too.
jon22

Postby janx » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:17 pm

I just tried Downgate last night, and got 3 code 4s on trying to start the multiplayer in a row.

I did finally get into a match, and try the Recon class. I actually got 2 kills in a game.
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Postby Gristmill » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:27 pm

To answer the original post, our greenscreen fixes did work. Those green screens (technically their causes) were fixed.

What you're seeing are different/new crashes.

Janx - yeah, we've noticed that as a group playing on the release as well. What's bizarre is that we never saw this code4 activity at all across two weeks of testing, an uncountable number of game joins and at least 40 actual hours of testing this release with 3-5 people or more.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby janx » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:48 am

Yeah. the testing posse was saying the same thing.

I wonder if there's something different about xbox live and the test environment vs. the production? Kind of like there's something extra or missing when test clients connect to each other via the XNA test bundle.

Since it is intermittent, it has to be something with the state of the network (live/available games to possibly join versus active games) that differed from the test cycle, when it was probably just 1-2 games being played simultaneously. Basically, I hit it at the right moment when there's players, but no active lobby or something (when I did get in, I joined a game in progress)
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Postby BushKillFalls » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:06 am

I think it is supposed to join a game in progress first to keep the Games populated before Launching you into a Lobby to start another game. I know that in some games with a Leader Board that might not be the preferred way to join a match, but since your Drone's Experience is based on Playing and not linked to a Leaderboard for statistics the way the game connects you to an active match before launching a new lobby for a new game seems better. Otherwards everyone would be sitting in the Lobbys waiting for a match to end so they can play and there would probably be lots of 2 player games then.

Also I wouldn't put it passed Live to be messing things up. I know with the Xenominer Multiplayer they rely on Xbox Live Updating properly for their Gamer Lists Propigation and Live has Downright been Unreasonably Atrocious lately since they have been messing things up on purpose to force people into Buying the Xbox One. Live was never this bad until they launched the New Servers for the One. I have been playing other Multiplayer games as well and even Streaming Netflix and been Outright Kicked off for no reason. If you have been in a Party Chat Recently you might notice that While in the Party it will tell you someone or everyone Disconnected even though they are still talking to you in the Party. That has to mess with something Information Wise if they can't even tell who is in the party on Live's Side of the Situation. I am not also saying that there might not be something they can do to fix it, but it definitely makes it hard to track down.

You also get the Basic Law of Averages. If there is a 5% chance of an issue and there are 5 people testing, then out of every 20 tests you might get 1 Fault because they are playing 1 match at a Time. Where as with 100 People playing Multiple Matches that multiplies the chance of catching something.
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby Gristmill » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:24 pm

We definitely handle for odd things happening, like you joining a game that has been abandoned, or a host that disconnects just as you are joining, etc ... something else is up and it's very weird.

We're looking at just implementing a Multiplayer lobby with a Create / Join game interface similar to XenoMiner. We preferred to automate that process and ensure nice big games, but it's obvious it's just a minefield of bad XNA framework networking bulls****

So we'll go manual, it will handle better and likely people will be happier seeing and choosing games to join anyway. It was a bad original design decision call on my part.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby BushKillFalls » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Would be fine if like you said the Xbox kept its part of the Deal up. Would still be nice to have that kind of Instant Battle Joining Option that might go on the Chosen Drone Rank for Matching since Players don't have an overall Skill Level associated with their Gamer Tag. But Overall Manual I guess since that is what the Framework is steering it towards is a shame to be forced in a direction. Some will like being able to directly Choose their Friends to play with is a Perk.
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Return to Bug Reports