Xenominer Swarm!

Official release and update information for Xenominer: Swarm

Re: Xenominer Swarm!

Postby Conmaan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Gristmill wrote:The tutorial itself steps you through that very process ...

I couldnt get past a portion of the tutorial because it was being buggy.
Conmaan
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Re: Xenominer Swarm!

Postby Gristmill » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:23 pm

What part? If there's a broken piece it would be good if we could track it down / correct it.
Gristmill
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Re: Xenominer Swarm!

Postby QWERQY » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:40 pm

The hold X part is VERY broken (:
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
User avatar
QWERQY
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:27 am
Location: RaumCorporation Asteroid Base 0-1

Re: Xenominer Swarm!

Postby brian » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:11 pm

When I hold X for 3 seconds, the tutorial moves on. Does it not for you?
brian
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 am

Re: Xenominer Swarm!

Postby QWERQY » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:22 pm

No it doesn't and from what I've read on the fforums it does not move on for A lot of
people ):
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
User avatar
QWERQY
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:27 am
Location: RaumCorporation Asteroid Base 0-1

Re: Xenominer Swarm!

Postby Timpraetor » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:15 am

I've seen this sometimes where I have to click X quickly and then press and hold to get the reload to work. It may be that the suit thinks you're doing something else with X at that moment.

Also, be aware that if your energy is too low, it can't reload because it draws on your drone's energy to create the ammo.
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: N Phoenix, AZ

Re: Xenominer Swarm!

Postby Conmaan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:18 am

brian wrote:When I hold X for 3 seconds, the tutorial moves on. Does it not for you?

Nope it didnt. And after around 3 failed missions when I finally got it to work I couldnt seem to find the rest of the tutorials. Turns out that they were in my inventory. Didnt get past that part, as my engineer happened to die on me.
Conmaan
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Re: Xenominer Swarm!

Postby Gristmill » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:11 am

Conmaan wrote: Didnt get past that part, as my engineer happened to die on me.


I've noticed in most of your posts you refer to these Exodrones as your characters, and you've made some interesting requests about leveling and advancing them. I dig some of your mission ideas, and I'll agree there needs to be a progression tree that is in place on the weapons and equipment.

Perhaps this wasn't conveyed well, but as you probably read on the first couple of panes of tutorial at the opening of the game, the Character is you. You are the pilot/operator of an Exodrone operation. The Exodrones are not people, they're just specialized bodies for different needs. It wouldn't be much different than playing Hawken or Mechwarrior and owning three or four mechs. You wouldn't expect to level up a mech, nor say "that mech died" - you'd equip a mech, and if it was destroyed you would repair or replace it.

The missions you take determine what you're going to need to get the job done. You're usually going to need more than one Exodrone, and you're going to need to use them in conjuction. This is something we teach you a bit in the tutorial, but realistically it's something the player will discover for themselves. Taking a 4 star mining contract? Probably not going in with the Engineer, unless it's to frantically build a turret, then I'm back on my Marine until that first wave is wiped. Now I have some time, get on my Engineer and set up some basic defense. Oh crap, what's that, artillery? Switch to my Recon and take out the Laxitars, then it's back to Engineer to set up a quick mining operation, and dance back to Marine when night falls if I'm not done already, or after I trip the beacon.

You can play and pretend that this game is an Exodrone RPG (Downgate is actually much closer to that idea, it has leveling, unlocks and classes) but that is not the premise this game is built against. There is a progression and RPG format to it, but that format is applied to the mind that downgates into the drones, not the drones themselves. You're building your faction/corporation's presence in a rich solar system, and the Exodrones are the tools you have to work with.
Gristmill
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Re: Xenominer Swarm!

Postby Mataeus » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Picking this up in the morning. Sounds awesome! :D
~~~ Vae Victis! ~~~
User avatar
Mataeus
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:21 am
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK (GMT)

Re: Xenominer Swarm!

Postby Conmaan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:31 am

Gristmill wrote:
Conmaan wrote: Didnt get past that part, as my engineer happened to die on me.


I've noticed in most of your posts you refer to these Exodrones as your characters, and you've made some interesting requests about leveling and advancing them. I dig some of your mission ideas, and I'll agree there needs to be a progression tree that is in place on the weapons and equipment.

Perhaps this wasn't conveyed well, but as you probably read on the first couple of panes of tutorial at the opening of the game, the Character is you. You are the pilot/operator of an Exodrone operation. The Exodrones are not people, they're just specialized bodies for different needs. It wouldn't be much different than playing Hawken or Mechwarrior and owning three or four mechs. You wouldn't expect to level up a mech, nor say "that mech died" - you'd equip a mech, and if it was destroyed you would repair or replace it.

The missions you take determine what you're going to need to get the job done. You're usually going to need more than one Exodrone, and you're going to need to use them in conjuction. This is something we teach you a bit in the tutorial, but realistically it's something the player will discover for themselves. Taking a 4 star mining contract? Probably not going in with the Engineer, unless it's to frantically build a turret, then I'm back on my Marine until that first wave is wiped. Now I have some time, get on my Engineer and set up some basic defense. Oh crap, what's that, artillery? Switch to my Recon and take out the Laxitars, then it's back to Engineer to set up a quick mining operation, and dance back to Marine when night falls if I'm not done already, or after I trip the beacon.

You can play and pretend that this game is an Exodrone RPG (Downgate is actually much closer to that idea, it has leveling, unlocks and classes) but that is not the premise this game is built against. There is a progression and RPG format to it, but that format is applied to the mind that downgates into the drones, not the drones themselves. You're building your faction/corporation's presence in a rich solar system, and the Exodrones are the tools you have to work with.


I get that you (as in you the player) are the guy on the spaceship, pushing pencils and calling the shots. And that the Exodrones are just your task force.

However, the way that the game approaches switching characters and determining classes makes it feel that each class should be independent.

As Ive stated lots of times, there is still a pretty small amount of class variety. EVEN though class changing is vital to the game. I think if each class is was a bit more unique, and if there could be some way for single players to change classes in a way that was more convienent and less advantageous to those who had more Xenofriends, that the game would be improved a lot.

Also, I have been extremely busy with work as of late so I have not had time to revisit the game. So Im basing everything I say off of about 2 hours of playtime. My mind might change after spending a bit more time feeling things out.
Conmaan
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Swarm Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron