Swarm 1.2

Official release and update information for Xenominer: Swarm

Re: Swarm 1.2

Postby still crosshair » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Timpraetor wrote:
still crosshair wrote:The super brain bug sounds interesting and makes me wonder if its anything like the mind eater.

Well, it won't drill into your drone's head, but killing them is a bit of a challenge :mrgreen: and really requires multiple players - even on a 1 star Hive mission.

The idea of a bug being able to override human control over drones seems interesting. It would provide a new challenge in that you could have to fight your own drone or try to go for the bug controlling it.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby treos » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:58 am

went and rebooted the game earlier this morning and yay, version 1.2 is up and its a big 101MB update with lots of additions and bugfixes. :)

i've already given the new hive assault mission a try and its pretty tough on single player but far from impossible (advice: carry a tier 3 power core or xenotech power core and up to 3 of your turrets into the hive with you as you go as its a war in there lol). a new mob with said mission (the queens insect queens have appeared!). a set of explosive including one that'll help with making tunnels. the claims are fixed... weapons arealtered in some ways, and a bunch of other stuff.

all in all, well worth the wait and the claims are fixed and don't seem to get reset as they did in 1.1

edit: oh and even after checking the new mission and unlocking heliok i still have 10 block types left to find.

raw materials: top row last 3 on the right, 2nd row 1st on the left side, and 3rd row, 1st 2 blocks on the left side.
finished stone: top row the 2 on the right and the 2 below those.

i'm not even sure where to look for those blocks as i've already got basalt (all 3 types), ice/glacial ice, the various sand/sandstone blocks, the light/dark asteroid blocks, and all 9 crystal colors for raw materials. both granite recipes, sandstone recipes and brown sandstone recipes. i'm not sure what i'm missing or where to find it.
treos

Postby jon22 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:27 am

Changing colours equal best update ever :)

Glad the lobby bug has been fixed too.
Gamertag: jon221985. I'm not a hardcore player but if I am not really doing much I am willing to help with mining or guarding against Venators. Message me and I will let you know if I am able to help. I also have a mic too.
jon22

Postby treos » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:38 am

where did this thought pattern come from?! o.O the bugs are creatures with a tough armor-like carapace across they're bodies. the hive has 3 layers: shell, wall (bone-like material), and membrane (flesh)...with the queens deep down inside. gah, its like i'm stripping a living creature down layer by layer >.< what a horrible image to think of.

although, that aside, i'm not too sure what is the best defense now. xenotech wall, obsidian, or this new shell block which seems to take about the same amount of time, per block, to mine as either of the other 2 blocks.

edit: heh, i think i'll be set for life before too much longer. gonna devote 1 of my asteroid claims (got 2 currently) to holding several 10x10x10 (width x length x height) cubes with nothing but grist buck crates. lol i'll be getting millions/day with just one such cube possibly. as for the cubes appearance, a obsidian frame with finished granite walls and a X of obsidian across each side (and top and bottom) like the endurium crates. well, time to go farm some of the new and even MORE profitable tech gather missions to get funds for these grist buck's.
treos

Postby still crosshair » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:44 pm

Well checked out the update and its some pretty good new features. The explosives are great and something I would like to see in xenominer sometime soon since they simply act as the hammer PICK would in clearing out areas. Your new hive nest areas are pretty cool a long with the new bug. Confused as to why it spits out eggs but it adds to difficulty. The first one was a real bother until I learned from it and the others were actually easy. A good boss like mob that is not really much of a boss to players who have had experience with it. I would like to have access to those hive blocks in xenominer. One thing I would love to hear story wise is how the venators joined into this group of bugs and ditched their old nests. Perhaps this brain bug had something to do with it ;) . Know you guys do a little story making so perhaps somewhere between xenominer and swarm you can carve out a short story.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby Timpraetor » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Pick an egg or two and let it hatch on you ... :twisted:
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby still crosshair » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Timpraetor wrote:Pick an egg or two and let it hatch on you ... :twisted:

I did but while fighting him but they were more of a :| since the machine gun my marine has just rips through the bugs it spawned. Feels like he is more of a killing machine now 8-) . Then I was trying to test the explosives on the big bug so every-time he spat one out it got blown up a long with almost one of my drones :oops: but that happens when you have no clue what your using.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Previous

Return to Swarm Announcements