best place to find ores by planet

A place to discuss Xenominer Swarm

best place to find ores by planet

Postby Naito Blackthorn » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:20 pm

hi, so, i was wondering, what planets have the best amount of a certain ore type? (ex.: Xenos, silicon valley right there.) im working on my claim on the belt and want to know so that when my storage facility is finished i can start stocking (along with doing hive assault on the side to unlock the other planets)
Naito Blackthorn

Re: best place to find ores by planet

Postby treos » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:30 pm

actually, i think sulis might be best for silicon but beyond that it largely depends on the terrain height. for example, heliok is right at or near the bedrock/magma layer by default so you can forget about high tier ores (titanium, diamond, and endurium). if you want higher tier ores like those 3 then you need to find a map with high altitude terrain such as the xenos craters or the plateaus of sulis and dig down to around 3/4 of the way to the bedrock layer around the outer edges of the crater or...well, in the case of sulis just go look around at the same depth under a really tall and/or wide plateau. the other lower tier ores can be found along the way to the other stuff (note: just about anywhere on sulis OR xenos will likely yield lots of massive silicon veins which kinda explains the low sell value of the stuff if you think about it.).

edit: oh and the asteroids are can be fairly barren but never spawn bugs so they can be safe for building up claims of any star rating and due to it being at the bedrock/magma layer on any map, heliok can be great if you want to harvest obsidian for building.
treos

Postby Naito Blackthorn » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 am

treos wrote:actually, i think sulis might be best for silicon but beyond that it largely depends on the terrain height. for example, heliok is right at or near the bedrock/magma layer by default so you can forget about high tier ores (titanium, diamond, and endurium). if you want higher tier ores like those 3 then you need to find a map with high altitude terrain such as the xenos craters or the plateaus of sulis and dig down to around 3/4 of the way to the bedrock layer around the outer edges of the crater or...well, in the case of sulis just go look around at the same depth under a really tall and/or wide plateau. the other lower tier ores can be found along the way to the other stuff (note: just about anywhere on sulis OR xenos will likely yield lots of massive silicon veins which kinda explains the low sell value of the stuff if you think about it.).

edit: oh and the asteroids are can be fairly barren but never spawn bugs so they can be safe for building up claims of any star rating and due to it being at the bedrock/magma layer on any map, heliok can be great if you want to harvest obsidian for building.

alright, thanks for the help ^^ also, on a side note, is heliok the only planet you can get obsidian from? or is sulis also fairly easy? (my claim is finished, already worth 1.1 mil or so, about to be 2 if i make a grist buck crate to stockpile for heliok if i need to)
Naito Blackthorn

Postby treos » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:10 pm

heliok is easiest for obsidian but if i'm not mistaken you can find obsidian on any planet (except the asteroids obviously), its just a good bit more rare.
treos

Return to Swarm Talk