New Guy Questions

A place to discuss Xenominer Swarm

New Guy Questions

Postby MDXfRenZy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:01 pm

I'm new to Swarm, but I played Xenominer for awhile before and I'm a long time Minecraft vet. So far I'm really enjoying the challenge, minus the instant rush off the spawn (still working out how to deal with that effectively). What I'm mostly confused about are the prospect missions. I get this much; buy a prospect and make yourself a base that doesn't go away. The better you build it the more its worth. But why would you put that much good stuff there just to sell it off? Am I missing something here?

Also, if there are any little tips or tricks that might help me with hive assaults. Seriously, I can't even get inside the hive without getting killed. I've been building a set of high power gatling turrets outside the hive and killing everything that comes out, but whenever I try to get in I very swarmed. Any ideas?
MDXfRenZy

Re: New Guy Questions

Postby bradrose90 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 am

I would pop in with a soldier - kill the initial rush then get the engineer and drop an ammo and start building.

Most stuff you build can't be sold off - so it accumulates. And the prospect also gives you recurring money per day. Good thing to have.
I just wish you could place more than four turrets around the map.
bradrose90

Re: New Guy Questions

Postby BushKillFalls » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:24 pm

I will have to look at the mechanics again as far as value for your dollar on Items placed. Plus there is also a "paperwork mistake" that happens randomly when you sell a claim that can net you double the value of the claim. How ever another way to look at it is You get a claim and you build something you are only getting dollar for dollar at worst. but then a friend or 30 stop by adding here and there and you guys decide to sell the place and build a new claim. now you have netted the value of everything anyone added as well. I think that was more the "angle" of players not losing money left and right and being able to "reclaim" as it were what you might have sunk into a place...

As for Tactics... I like Explosives :D Lots of Bombs 8-)

Make a tunnel down from the top with mining explosives..
Set Turrets about the entrances so you don't get surprised..
Get a Grenade Launcher and a Weapons Crate and Explosive Rounds..
Than work your way around the edges of the shaft you made and get em.... :lol:

Thats one I like when I have time to tease them or anything. What are some tactics you have tried out already?
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Return to Swarm Talk