magma fueled 0-star heliok claim

A place to discuss Xenominer Swarm

magma fueled 0-star heliok claim

Postby treos » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:38 pm

hello to whoever may see this. well, i've got a lake almost completely capped off with geothermal plants giving a energy supply of 1, 283, 250. anyone think i should add the other lakes i have access to and the underground magma tunnels as well or do you think that might be overkill?

lol counting mainly all those plants which have power distributor's dotted across them, the claim value sits at a net value of G 9, 886, 000 and counting. just a shame i could only add a max of 4 turrets, eh? with more turrets available this kind of setup would be wicked on a 5-star claim i think.
treos

Re: magma fueled 0-star heliok claim

Postby QWERQY » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:49 am

treos wrote:hello to whoever may see this. well, i've got a lake almost completely capped off with geothermal plants giving a energy supply of 1, 283, 250. anyone think i should add the other lakes i have access to and the underground magma tunnels as well or do you think that might be overkill?

lol counting mainly all those plants which have power distributor's dotted across them, the claim value sits at a net value of G 9, 886, 000 and counting. just a shame i could only add a max of 4 turrets, eh? with more turrets available this kind of setup would be wicked on a 5-star claim i think.

Well If you have money to spare, go for it, spam all the generators.

And nice claim.

If it was five star itd be a crazy mess of death and destruction

Love-QWERQY
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby Nemo285 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:00 pm

/////
Last edited by Nemo285 on Mon May 30, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nemo285

Postby BushKillFalls » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:51 pm

We've tested insane amounts of power a few times and had no problems. No when you try to store that power in an equal number of batteries or say more than 200 batteries than you start having memory issues.

The game has to track and calculate every single battery every update cycle which is every time they tick up 1kV...

So Power ok Excessive Batteries.... Ehh :mrgreen:

I even went Nuts once with doors and made some really crazy stuff I never told anyone about hoping the community might find it out for themselves. Like Bug Traps and Xeno Door Bases. The Bug Trap was a Box made of 100% Door Material on the inside and the mechanics on the outside and the Base was the complete opposite involving doors overlapping one another incase tunneling bugs or over blast from Lexitar explosions took out a layer of defense... 8-)
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby treos » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:46 pm

BushKillFalls wrote:We've tested insane amounts of power a few times and had no problems. No when you try to store that power in an equal number of batteries or say more than 200 batteries than you start having memory issues.

The game has to track and calculate every single battery every update cycle which is every time they tick up 1kV...

So Power ok Excessive Batteries.... Ehh :mrgreen:

pardon my necro, forgot about this post and haven't played the game much since i posted this.

anyway, that bit regarding the batteries does make sense. it sounds like how its super easy to generate a ton of lag in this one idle/incremental game i've played.

reactor incremental, basically if you put down too many fuel cells, pipes (to move the heat), fans (remove heat), etc. the game would steadily get more and more resource intensive due to it having to keep track of all the different numbers which in that case would constantly be wildly fluctuating.

pretty much the same situation as the batteries you mentioned. huh, with that in mind i could probably crash this game easier than morrowind (anyone who has played much elder scrolls games knows how that game is glitchy/buggy as all heck). just buy a few hundred batteries and set them across my power lake and boom, broken claim.
treos

Return to Swarm Talk