Game crash every time - Code 4 error

Report and find information on bugs in Xenominer Swarm

Game crash every time - Code 4 error

Postby tryclo999 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:04 am

Hello, i try to play but the game crash.

Campaign : code 4
Join : code 4 after the lobby (when the game start)
Option : ok

I play Xenominer without problem... But it VERY frustrating/angry because i can't play Xeno Swarm and i like yours game ! The mix of the two game is a VERY good idea !

But Code 4 kill my happyness.....

GT: TRYCLO999 on xbox
tryclo999

Re: Game crash every time - Code 4 error

Postby Gristmill » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:16 pm

This is posted all over this forum and facebook, I'm surprised you haven't seen the answer. Perhaps I'll sticky it.

90% of the time, this is because you either have less than three exodrones, or have three but you have at least one unlocked slot empty. If you have a free slot right now, you need to create a drone in it, even if you don't plan to use it. You also must have at least three exodrones.

We have this fixed in a patch, but patches are slow in XBLIG and take quite a bit of time to get out.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby tryclo999 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:22 am

I can t manage my drone.... How i can manage my drone if the game crash evrytime ?
I have a good and fresh install and my disk is clean too.

We are 3 player and we have the same problem, i am not alone with this Code 4....
Please make a solution....
tryclo999

Postby tryclo999 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:29 am

You say "create more than 3 drones''

Ok... But i CAN'T manage my drone.... I can just open the option menu.
All the other menu command crash the game....

I have make a test with a new hard drive with the same result...
Im sorry 4 this but the game crash again. Please fix it.

(i am french, sorry 4 my writting. Maybe is a problem with distant server ?)
tryclo999

Postby cyr133 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 am

tryclo999 wrote:You say "create more than 3 drones''

Ok... But i CAN'T manage my drone.... I can just open the option menu.
All the other menu command crash the game....

Come to think of it...I had that same problem as one point. I ended up deleting my save game (XNA Developers->Xenominer Swarm...etc etc) and redownloading Swarm (didn't mind anyways because I blew a lot of the initial credits puffing up my drones...only to have no $$$ to repair them when they were dead ). I had the Code 4 error on every menu selection I tried as well.

Can't remember if I tried the Options or not honestly. I did have only two drones (as I was trying to sell off drones to make money to repair my beefed up dead Engineer.
cyr133

Postby Gristmill » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:45 am

The game doesn't run in French, it only runs in English, you'll have to set your console to English. That is probably you and your friends' problem.

Otherwise yes you need 3 or more drones. If you can't edit your drones AND you are running English on your console, you'll need to delete your save game. This is under System Settings, Storage, Games, XNA Developer, Xenominer Swarm. Delete Xenominer Swarm. Then uninstall the game.

When you redownload it you will have a fresh copy and should be able to play.

We are fixing this, as we've mentioned several times. We have a patch in test right now.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby cyr133 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Gristmill wrote:The game doesn't run in French, it only runs in English, you'll have to set your console to English. That is probably you and your friends' problem.

Otherwise yes you need 3 or more drones. If you can't edit your drones AND you are running English on your console, you'll need to delete your save game. This is under System Settings, Storage, Games, XNA Developer, Xenominer Swarm. Delete Xenominer Swarm. Then uninstall the game.

When you redownload it you will have a fresh copy and should be able to play.

We are fixing this, as we've mentioned several times. We have a patch in test right now.

Understood. Just relating any "new" tidbits you might find with my post. As a software developer myself...any little bit of info to really track down a bug to completely kill it helps. Keep up the good work guys...this new Swarm is a great piece of work already!!!
cyr133

Postby tryclo999 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:54 pm

If the game langage is english (or in japan) a french console user can play a game... This is not a problem normaly. Many game are in other langage. I have turn my console in english with region scall to united-kingdom and the game grash again. Its not the problem.

Thank for your game (i love Xenominer !) but 4 Swarm i must be patient....
Good luck
tryclo999

Postby tryclo999 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:09 pm

Yessss ! The game run with american parameter !

Solution 4 europeans player : turn your console in american setting ! (not english)
tryclo999

Postby BushKillFalls » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:26 pm

For Xenominer, DownGate, Xenominer Swarm, and most other indie games if not all to work you need to have your console set to

Language: English
Locale: United States

XNA Games (All Indie Games) Can only be Reviewed in English

Their Market according to the way Microsoft Handles it seems to only be focused according to those settings for Indies...

It mainly has to do with Numbers being displayed differently between countries and characters of the alphabet. Like 5,000 and 5000 from what I understand.

Code is apparently finicky that way :P
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Next

Return to Bug Reports