Getting any mission

Report and find information on bugs in Xenominer Swarm

Getting any mission

Postby still crosshair » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:48 pm

I decided I would hop on and see if I could find some of the new stuff. What I have found that you can simply grind till you get any mission that you want. Simply select a mission then cancel the mission instead of going to the location. Your game will then spawn a new mission that will most likely be different from the mission you aborted. I found that this also allows one to grind for rare missions such as xenotech grab missions. I got one after about 5 minuets of cancelling a certain type of mission. While the no star prospect proves more rare then the xenotech mission so far I think it can also be spawned using this method if it is even in the game yet. This is not really a bug but more of a method to trick the game into spawning a mission with the difficulty you like. I think the game should keep the old mission you abandoned and after a set time change over old missions to new ones. Sure you may get stuck with some 5 stars but you cannot just keep on cancelling missions in the hopes of a rare one popping up.
Last edited by still crosshair on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Re: Getting any mission

Postby QWERQY » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:08 pm

Dude ;-; my corporation has been doing that and if they fix it then we can no do it no more ;—;
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby still crosshair » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:14 pm

QWERQY wrote:Dude ;-; my corporation has been doing that and if they fix it then we can no do it no more ;—;

Well I was only reporting a way to abuse the system to get something like a rare mission that only has a low chance of spawning normally.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby QWERQY » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Yeah I understand once you know that trick its not that rare anymore :lol:
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby still crosshair » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:34 pm

QWERQY wrote:Yeah I understand once you know that trick its not that rare anymore :lol:

I actually just got one legit while doing a mining contract it popped up.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby BushKillFalls » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:07 am

What about if you could make the mission sidestep more of a business transaction?

Example: You have a bunch of Bug Hunt and a 1 star Base defense but want a 6 Star Base defense or 3 Star Mining Contract. You would be able to hit the Back Button or X and pay a small fee to Pass on the mission vs. going in and out of missions to get them to change. Maybe it costs between 5,000 - 10,000 to pass like turning down a contract. Than also stop missions clearing when you start and cancel so the only way is to clear by paying?

Would that add better gameplay immersion and feel like less of an exploit?
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby treos » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:45 pm

theres a 0 star prospect mission? o.O what, is that a prospect map with pretty much no bugs at all or something?
treos

Postby BushKillFalls » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:04 am

A 0 Star Prospect allows you to look at a bug free planet and buy a claim that has no AI's on it so you can have a "Peaceful" Claim on any planet. So Prospects now go from 0-5 to allow a 0-5 Star Claim if you buy it...
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Return to Bug Reports