Question to the graphics designer

Modding Xenominer for PC.

Re: Question to the graphics designer

Postby NCrawler » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:41 pm

still crosshair wrote:
NCrawler wrote:
Gristmill wrote:Yeah, the normal mapping is gonna get you. GIMP has a normal mapping tool for coverting a texture to a Normal. As far as making it into a normal, turning the texture into a white is high, black is low heightmap image is an easy way to do it at first. Specular is pretty much white = shiny, gray = plasticy and black = dull. Obviously the shades between them are a gradient of those attributes.

Yeah, I understand all that it's just that I pull the images out of the .xnb as a .png and .png format treats the alpha layer as a transparency layer thereby screwing the image up. Same for the normal map, especially if there was a specular in the alpha channel. I can fix the texture sheet by flattening it in photoshop and just redoing the transparency but will probably have to redo the normals manually.

I'll send you a 'fixed' texture sheet tomorrow crosshair. May be a day or so on the normals.

Its okay more then half of the textures are modified already so the normal map will also me modified.

Don't use that .png normal map though. Create a new .tga and add an alpha channel for the specular map. I don't use Gimp so I don't know how you would do it in there but if you can't figure it out I'll make you a blank .tga with alpha in Photoshop and send it to you.
NCrawler

Postby still crosshair » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:44 pm

NCrawler wrote:Don't use that .png normal map though. Create a new .tga and add an alpha channel for the specular map. I don't use Gimp so I don't know how you would do it in there but if you can't figure it out I'll make you a blank .tga with alpha in Photoshop and send it to you.

You know what I think your going to have to help with this anyways so just email that file and we will talk over that.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby NCrawler » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:48 pm

still crosshair wrote:
NCrawler wrote:Don't use that .png normal map though. Create a new .tga and add an alpha channel for the specular map. I don't use Gimp so I don't know how you would do it in there but if you can't figure it out I'll make you a blank .tga with alpha in Photoshop and send it to you.

You know what I think your going to have to help with this anyways so just email that file and we will talk over that.

Lol, ok...
NCrawler

Previous

Return to Modding