Trying a new pack

Modding Xenominer for PC.

Trying a new pack

Postby still crosshair » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:36 pm

I am currently making something new and hope I can output it to the game the way it was created. The reason why my other packs have not been updated is I have simply lost the ability to "Properly" create the XNB files from the texture sheet and normal sheet. I found a way to make them only it cannot create them the way they should be created. If I could do it properly then I would still be working on them and not trying something new. so I hope that I can get it to come out looking right.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Re: Trying a new pack

Postby QWERQY » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:33 am

still crosshair wrote:I am currently making something new and hope I can output it to the game the way it was created. The reason why my other packs have not been updated is I have simply lost the ability to "Properly" create the XNB files from the texture sheet and normal sheet. I found a way to make them only it cannot create them the way they should be created. If I could do it properly then I would still be working on them and not trying something new. so I hope that I can get it to come out looking right.

Curious, how hard would it be to import new files that work properly? Like adding new blocks? Or adding a new biome, and would you be able to make it work properly on xenominer?
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby still crosshair » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:32 pm

QWERQY wrote:Curious, how hard would it be to import new files that work properly? Like adding new blocks? Or adding a new biome, and would you be able to make it work properly on xenominer?

That was something I never got to learn about when learning how to properly make and send the texture files so they could be changed to xnb files. I always wondered but never got to find out. Since it would be nice to simply add in new blocks then having to loose old textures for new ones.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby QWERQY » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:40 pm

I agree, well if you have any new info on the textures and or any new neat modding skills to mess with in xenominer, I'd love to hear :D

LOVE-QWERQY

Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby still crosshair » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:24 am

Took some time off of my new Pack for the .XNB reasons. But it could become something that everyone can grab if they feel like it. New tests show a few problems but a load of success compared to other pack tests like R pack. Do not want to ruin the surprise but I will post a couple of pictures from the test. Hope I can get the bugs ironed out and make it a thing.

The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby QWERQY » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:00 am

Thats looks so cool

Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby still crosshair » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:15 am

QWERQY wrote:Thats looks so cool

Thanks I have made progress for this specific pack. Hoping it will work out and then I can adapt the technique to work with R pack. On a side note I thought about recording the test builds as I look at them and see what i got wrong or right. Might do it or maybe not I guess it will depend on how I feel at the time.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:59 am

Figured out how to do mipmaps!!! This possibly changes everything now :P :P :P :P :P :P :P also posted a short blind test of the pack on youtube you can find it if you look for it.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Return to Modding