Door panels and such

Always a popular place, tell us what you want what you really really want.

Door panels and such

Postby Mutant Havoc » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Xenominer had awesome door panels, is there anyway to bring those into swarm? Being able to lock down an entire house or area with a touch of a button when the night falls (or sunrise) was always something I really enjoyed being able to do in Xenominer
Mutant Havoc

Re: Door panels and such

Postby cyr133 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:16 pm

<removed post>

Sorry, double post :)
Last edited by cyr133 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyr133

Postby cyr133 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong...but aren't the force-field doors what you are looking for?

In XenoMiner...I always ended up using glass for the door anyways...so I could still see what was outside. The force fields used in Swarm are a nice new touch...

Though it would be cool to link in whatever door material you'd want to use anyways like XenoMiner did...
cyr133

Postby Mutant Havoc » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:16 pm

I'm having trouble remembering the exact name of the block but it's the one that gave you the option to select how many blocks would be pulled into it. It was like a shutter. I do like the force field doors but they only go two blocks as far as I could tell. The block I'm asking for could do up to 10 if I remember right.
Mutant Havoc

Postby janx » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:19 pm

that was the door frame block. There were 3 variations of it. it sucked the blocks in its path into itself (assumeing those blocks were door panel, clear glass or cloudy glass).

They also lagged the game really bad.

I assume we got energy doors because they were simpler to computer (less lag) and solved the same basic function (keep MOBs out).
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Postby Gristmill » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:22 pm

We're considering adding longer door frame options as Janx is right, these are "lag-less" to the engine. Some of it is a question of balance and gameplay design, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one larger size became available.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby Mutant Havoc » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:51 am

Gristmill wrote:We're considering adding longer door frame options as Janx is right, these are "lag-less" to the engine. Some of it is a question of balance and gameplay design, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one larger size became available.

Awesome, that's all I really want. A 2x2 door frame just seems cramped when a hulking exodrone is trying to get through it :P
Mutant Havoc

Postby Gristmill » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:12 pm

a set pointing up and another set pointing down from above gives you door twice as tall ;)
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby cyr133 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Gristmill wrote:a set pointing up and another set pointing down from above gives you door twice as tall ;)

I've done this too with a whole 4-wall fence coming up as a perimeter...my gripe is finding a way to keep the rocket turrets from taking out the door block accidentally :)
cyr133

Postby brian » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:45 pm

well, strategic placements of turrets is really on your end.
brian

Next

Return to Feature Requests