Logic Gates

Always a popular place, tell us what you want what you really really want.

Logic Gates

Postby cyr133 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi folks,

New to the forum. Loved ol' Xenominer...loving the new 'Swarm :)

Couple of ideas to throw out there for the developers....this kind of stuff I think would be neat for all those tinkerers out there that love building elaborate bases/systems...

Basic logic gates
Proximity/pressure switches
Momentary switches

I think the additions above would give the engineers in us out there some nifty items for our toolbox :)
cyr133

Re: Logic Gates

Postby Gristmill » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Yeah, those would be cool :)

We'll see. I think pressure plates / otherwise triggered switches are a definite possibility, but as always for now, no promises.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby cyr133 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:39 pm

To follow on with the pressure/proximity switch idea....

Mines
(proximity-based blocks selectable as a grenade option)
-Marines could get yer basic claymore block in place of a grenade
-Recons could get a signal flare effect to point out critters better in the dark to snipe...
cyr133

Postby janx » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:39 pm

one variation of this idea is that if the turrets were dumb (not auto-targeting), then the sensor or pressure plate would fire the turret, and the player would have to build the choke point they need in order to get the turret to kill for them.

Makes things much harder in solo play, however, where the auto- Turret kind of acts like a wingman.
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Postby cyr133 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 pm

janx wrote:one variation of this idea is that if the turrets were dumb (not auto-targeting), then the sensor or pressure plate would fire the turret, and the player would have to build the choke point they need in order to get the turret to kill for them.

Makes things much harder in solo play, however, where the auto- Turret kind of acts like a wingman.

Actually that would be quite handy....the rocket launcher turret comes to mind :ugeek:
Selective fire for only area...(don't fire at your own base) :)

While on the topics of turrets...this is more of a limitation...but maybe making some turrets only have an arc of fire that is under 360 degrees?...
cyr133

Postby BriarFae » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:12 pm

cyr133 wrote:
janx wrote:one variation of this idea is that if the turrets were dumb (not auto-targeting), then the sensor or pressure plate would fire the turret, and the player would have to build the choke point they need in order to get the turret to kill for them.

Actually that would be quite handy....the rocket launcher turret comes to mind :ugeek:
Selective fire for only area...(don't fire at your own base) :)

While on the topics of turrets...this is more of a limitation...but maybe making some turrets only have an arc of fire that is under 360 degrees?...

Being able to set limits on turret arcs (or use limited arc turrets) would be helpful to my strategy. Where each turret is responsible for a zone, if any bugs get past I'll handle them personally, without collateral damage.
if you can read this your to close
BriarFae

Return to Feature Requests