Orbital Zone

Always a popular place, tell us what you want what you really really want.

Re: Orbital Zone

Postby still crosshair » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:20 am

BushKillFalls wrote:
Conmaan wrote:I would prefer the setting to be dedicated for missions, rather then claims.

I see no reason why the claim could NOT be above a gas giant, but if the setting could only be a claim OR a mission then I would prefer to have it be for missions.

Ok.. Now I know you're yanking everyone's chain... What kind of mission could you make out of a piece of floating space debri designed to build off of :?: There is no Ground for AI to stand on and no Minerals for mining :!:

He may be joking around but I really do see a way to make this type of area into missions. Salvage missions would be simply missions where there is a clutter of space junk and you get money for every block you collect with in the short time period.No collecting any materials for later use but a way to make some gredits if your fast enough at grabbing blocks. If groups are starting or have been fighting for this area then there will most likely be some junk from destroyed ships and stations in orbit around the gas giant. I would only assume that it could do a number to your own ship if not cleaned up for save travel. I know its a stupid idea but perhaps it can be molded into something people would play.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby Gristmill » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:46 am

Space junk or derelict ships, etc, would be it's own thing, and could be fun ... This is just about an empty space area.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby janx » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:33 pm

Gristmill wrote:Space junk or derelict ships, etc, would be it's own thing, and could be fun ... This is just about an empty space area.

That's one possibility.

I see that any space that can run a mission is a candidate for peaceful/Claim building on. And vice versa.

What I get from the initial "empty space" idea, is many variations on it:
different angles relative to the gas giant or other back-drop
different density/sparseness of the game area (many , few or no asteroids)
pre-generated content possibilities (whole ship/star base or spread apart fragments that I have to Jet across to)

Imagine if I spawn down, and have to Recover Data Storage Banks, that are hidden in fragments of a ship (pre-generated portions of a ship, spread out and not connected to each other).

Then imagine if some of these parts of the ship have aliens inside of them. They won't suicide and fall off because it's too far of a drop. But I won't see them or be able to clear them until I Jet over and enter the ship fragment.
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Postby Timpraetor » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:44 pm

Gravity Effect was one of my "WTF" moments in the asteroid field. I know that there has to be a gravity reference, but how do you fall "down" in empty space? If the gravity source is the planet, then it should be very weak and our jet packs should be far more effective between asteroids. Maybe a weakening of gravity in the Asteroids would add a level of "danger" to an otherwise peaceful environment.

Quite the physics conundrum.
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby QWERQY » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Timpraetor wrote:Gravity Effect was one of my "WTF" moments in the asteroid field. I know that there has to be a gravity reference, but how do you fall "down" in empty space? If the gravity source is the planet, then it should be very weak and our jet packs should be far more effective between asteroids. Maybe a weakening of gravity in the Asteroids would add a level of "danger" to an otherwise peaceful environment.

Quite the physics conundrum.

i agree itd be great to have that added
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby BushKillFalls » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:15 pm

Gravity Effects make me think of a New Post but would definitely be cool if the space had higher gravity so your jets lasted or lifted less...
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby Conmaan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:23 am

BushKillFalls wrote:
Ok.. Now I know you're yanking everyone's chain... What kind of mission could you make out of a piece of floating space debri designed to build off of :?: There is no Ground for AI to stand on and no Minerals for mining :!:

I took the main point to be that the setting would be on a space elevator above a gas giant.

I would like to see that in missions.

I didnt realize that the REAL main point was to have an open-space claim for building. Lol. That would most certainly be a neat spot to stake one's claim. I agree with that idea too. Itd be great for those who have a specific idea for what they want to build in mind.
Conmaan

Postby cyr133 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Conmaan wrote:
BushKillFalls wrote:

I took the main point to be that the setting would be on a space elevator above a gas giant.

I would like to see that in missions.

I didnt realize that the REAL main point was to have an open-space claim for building. Lol. That would most certainly be a neat spot to stake one's claim. I agree with that idea too. Itd be great for those who have a specific idea for what they want to build in mind.

In before anybody else says it...I'm working on my own version of Serenity when this becomes available :) :)
cyr133

Postby froganox13 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:31 pm

I would love to have a space station. I vote yes for this idea.
-Cpt Maple of Task Force 13
-CODENAME: FROGANOX
-Xbox gamertag:FROGANOX
froganox13

Postby ARCLIGHT545 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Orbital Zone. NO GRAVITY! No up, no down, weightlessness...Now that would be COOL!!! Gun firing acts like propulsion(intended or unintended), having to really think several steps ahead about where you are trying to go.
Moon Name: Leviathan
Active Contract: The Leviathan Project/Corporate Communications Director
Leviathan Corporation Forum: http://leviathan.6te.net/phpBB3/index.php
ARCLIGHT545

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests