Specific Materials on higher difficulty Mining Missions

Always a popular place, tell us what you want what you really really want.

Specific Materials on higher difficulty Mining Missions

Postby Timpraetor » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:32 am

All of the mining missions currently accept any type of crated material to fulfill the mission goal.

A good way to differentiate the higher level (4 and 5 Star) missions would be to require the return of only specified material types. This would require a change to the claim's generation to loosely group veins of the required material while limiting other materials.

It would also allow for super hard levels that combine killing X number of bugs AND collecting Y number of crates of Biomass.
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Re: Specific Materials on higher difficulty Mining Missions

Postby cyr133 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:39 am

I like that idea...but instead of requiring specific minerals...how bout a specific "uploaded" credits quota instead?

I'd hate to see the mining mission where it was looking for crates of endurium...with none (or not enough in the generated terrain) to be found...
cyr133

Re: Specific Materials on higher difficulty Mining Missions

Postby Timpraetor » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:58 pm

cyr133 wrote:I like that idea...but instead of requiring specific minerals...how bout a specific "uploaded" credits quota instead?

I'd hate to see the mining mission where it was looking for crates of endurium...with none (or not enough in the generated terrain) to be found...

That's why I mentioned that the generation of the claim would need to be modified to insure that the goal could actually be achieved.
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Return to Feature Requests