Xeno equipment!

Always a popular place, tell us what you want what you really really want.

Xeno equipment!

Postby RoadKill » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:30 am

Imagine items based on Xenotech. They would become unlocked after collecting a certain amount of Xeno blocks. For Example:
Xeno Armor= collect 1000 Xeno wall blocks; has a high chance of not taking damage Drawback: 4X cost to repair than top regular armor
Xeno pick= 1000 Xeno conduit, 50 Xeno doors, 10 Xeno power cores; Extremely quick pick, uses less power when harvesting Xeno tech or placing blocks. Drawback: Short range
Xeno Weapon= 500 Xeno conduit, 500 Xeno material(the dark purple blocks), 40 Xeno doors, 25 Xeno power cores; Extremely powerful laser. Drawback: consumes massive energy

Of course, the price tag for any of these would be huge. I mean, if you're gathering this stuff for a corporation like they are not going to attempt any reverse engineering on any of this? And with the rarity of the tech gather missions and time limit, it could take a while to achieve the requirements for such items. Any thoughts, or other ideas along this line?
RoadKill

Re: Xeno equipment!

Postby QWERQY » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:34 am

I agree with all of these and maybe a few more items but I can'tthink of anything
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby Timpraetor » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:55 pm

The issue there is that we don't have the technology to create the Xeno components. We can only mine them and use what's already there. Additionally, the Xeno tech blocks are sort of Contraband since we weren't supposed to mine them in the first place (that's why it;s a timed mission - the authorities are on the way to lock the site down).
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby still crosshair » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:59 pm

Timpraetor wrote:The issue there is that we don't have the technology to create the Xeno components. We can only mine them and use what's already there. Additionally, the Xeno tech blocks are sort of Contraband since we weren't supposed to mine them in the first place (that's why it;s a timed mission - the authorities are on the way to lock the site down).

Sounds like the black market value would be very high then.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby Timpraetor » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:16 pm

... if there is ever a black market :lol:
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby BriarFae » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:12 pm

Timpraetor wrote:... if there is ever a black market :lol:

A player organized black market?
Example. Endurium for xeno tech. 10:1 trading ratio
if you can read this your to close
BriarFae

Postby QWERQY » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Actually if someone wanted to we could actually start a black market

Note: I'm not setting it up :3
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby still crosshair » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:02 pm

Timpraetor wrote:... if there is ever a black market :lol:

There is always some form of a black market somewhere selling things that are not exactly "typical" in your normal everyday store. Advanced alien limited quantity non human build-able metals are sure to fetch a high amount if there are any buyers for it that is. So with that said one could also purchase alien equipment there as well. It would be rare and cost a lot with the downside being that any authorities are not exactly going to ignore you having that equipment if they see it.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby RoadKill » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:40 am

Black markets will always be around as long as there are items that are illegal and there are those with cash willing to buy. And I'm not saying it is exactly Xenotech, just human knock-offs. I mean really, one can pick up superior 'wire' and can't use in in their tech? While a true Xeno pick would have longer range, almost instant 'beaming', and use almost no energy on the toughest material, what I purposed has short range, slightly faster than normal dig, and maybe 1/2 energy consumption. It bugs me that it can be taken apart at the molecular level and stored as energy and still can't be replicated in any way. The computer systems would get an EXACT read-out of it. Otherwise it couldn't re-assemble it, or pick it up in the first place. Plot hole one could drive an Empire Star Destroyer through....
RoadKill

Postby BushKillFalls » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:57 am

RoadKill wrote:Plot hole one could drive an Empire Star Destroyer through....

Were they able to clone people in Star Trek with a Teleporter by turning Spock into Kirk?
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Next

Return to Feature Requests