Xeno equipment!

Always a popular place, tell us what you want what you really really want.

Re: Xeno equipment!

Postby still crosshair » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:10 am

RoadKill wrote:Plot hole one could drive an Empire Star Destroyer through....

I will just leave how I imagine the stuff working in a spoiler.

As for xenotech equipment I am all in but I think it should be crippled if humans can make it from taking apart an actual xenotech piece of equipment.
Spoiler: show
The way I imagine it may also have plot holes but I will leave it anyways. I imagine matter forming natural patterns of energy that the PICK reads to figure out how to use the energy to create matter/energy. We know the xenomorphs were more advanced in this technology and that the PICKs we have were most likely made from xenomorph items. I assume they knew how to alter these patterns in advanced ways and create new ones. We can only simply alter patterns and it includes knowing how the pattern works for everything separate and together.I assume xenotech is very advanced and altered so that its hard to figure out what all works together and how the elaborate pattern functions. We have actually started to figure out xenomorph blocks. Or at least the gravity related side of stuff like the grav pads and gravity platforms. I could only assume it is very limited in how elaborate it is and how much it uses to make. Most likely because it requires endurium and its rare properties. It could also be created from scratch in which we would have no way to make it. Other wise we could just make stuff from energy and not have to go collect the items on the moons.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby RoadKill » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:39 pm

BushKillFalls wrote:
RoadKill wrote:Plot hole one could drive an Empire Star Destroyer through....

Were they able to clone people in Star Trek with a Teleporter by turning Spock into Kirk?

In short, yes that could happen. There are episodes that have transporter made clones. FYI, I have watched practically every Star Trek show's episodes. Not to mention read good deal of the books. But we're not talking organic items here. We're talking tech. Something that can be reverse engineered. Like in Transformers. Did humans gain the ability to make Autobots/Decepticons just because they had Megatron? No, but they were able to glean tech advances from him. Now we are talking about humans that are able to make clone cyborgs and transfer something as complex as the human conscious into it, but can't figure out how to gain advances from the Xenotech? Maybe I should have said,"drive the Death Star through...." instead.
RoadKill

Postby brian » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:20 pm

I don't think it's possible. Xeno tech is too advanced for the current model of drones to interface with. In testing the results have been.. disastrous. Permanent mind separation is a real bitch.
brian

Postby RoadKill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:44 am

brian wrote:I don't think it's possible. Xeno tech is too advanced for the current model of drones to interface with. In testing the results have been.. disastrous. Permanent mind separation is a real bitch.

If this is so, how the heck are they picking it up? The Pick is interfacing with the Xenotech by pulling it apart into energy, while the drone is interfacing with the pick to reconstruct the blocks. If it was truly beyond human tech, it couldn't be picked up with the PICK. Next thing someone will say is that it's partly organic. And once again, I'll blast that apart by pointing out that the PICK isn't programed for organic material and again one couldn't pick it up. Any other far fetched unscientific explanations? Anyone?
RoadKill

Postby brian » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:32 pm

The P.I.C.K. is merely a matter transfer device and matter is held isolated in stasis.
brian

Postby RoadKill » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:56 am

brian wrote:The P.I.C.K. is merely a matter transfer device and matter is held isolated in stasis.

Trans Mat, Matter transmitter, matter transfer device, or teleporter- all the same thing. Same basic concept. Thank you for furthering my point. The stasis is in energy form (otherwise capacity would be severely limited), and you'd have a energy pattern that can be easily deciphered. It seems some people just don't have a clue to what the tech concept means, and I'm not going to repeat the basics over and over again for those who can't (or will not) get a clue.
RoadKill

Postby BriarFae » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:32 pm

RoadKill wrote:
brian wrote:The P.I.C.K. is merely a matter transfer device and matter is held isolated in stasis.

Trans Mat, Matter transmitter, matter transfer device, or teleporter- all the same thing. Same basic concept. Thank you for furthering my point. The stasis is in energy form (otherwise capacity would be severely limited), and you'd have a energy pattern that can be easily deciphered. It seems some people just don't have a clue to what the tech concept means, and I'm not going to repeat the basics over and over again for those who can't (or will not) get a clue.

You can take a finger print with just a stamp pad and paper.
But Forsenic Scientists have been known to match the wrong person.
They match mere points of the print, to (attempt to) simplify its sheer complexity.
:ugeek:
Not so easily deciphered.

P . S . You may keep your hat. :twisted:
Last edited by BriarFae on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
if you can read this your to close
BriarFae

Postby RoadKill » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:12 am

BriarFae wrote:You can take a finger print with just a stamp pad and paper.
But Forsenic Scientists have been known to match the wrong person.
They match mere points of the print, to simplify its sheer complexity.

That is kind of how reverse engineering is, take something complex, simplify it to get a better understanding of how it works. That's a point helping my cause.

However, if you mean it towards how the PICK works.....that's one bucket of worms too fun not to go into. Simplify the pattern of matter? Example 1: Let's take Diamond for the matter. You simplify it's code you get coal. You loose density/matter in this. You reverse the process to get diamond, you're compacting the coal and loose more matter. If each time you lose 50%, you wind up only getting 25% (1/4th) of what you gather. Or to get 1 you need to get 4. Example 2: Turning all matter into a basic energy and using a single template to make the items. This is kind of like Star Treks' replicator. However, if applied into the game you'd be able to take any block and make any other block you wish as long as your PICK has the pattern. Imagine UNLIMITED Xenoblocks as long as you have mined at least one and you keep a supply of other blocks. Both ways you have the added problem of molecular stability. The structure could collapse at the molecular level and cause a explosion or implosion in proportion to it's density (small for common basalt, map destroying for Xenotech). In these cases, I have a nice pointed cape with the letters d-u-n-c-e on it for you to wear.
RoadKill

Postby ARCLIGHT545 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:54 pm

Ya know Roadkill, Ive read through everything you've said so far, and while interesting, you've managed to ignore the biggest plot device so far. He who writes the story, establishes the plot the way they want it, and makes the rules. It is their reality, their story, their rules. Rather than enjoying the game and the interesting worlds, technology, and experiences, players always seem to have this bug up their ass about transforming the game into something different. I am a beta tester, I have played this game since the Alpha. I and the other testers have made suggestions based on our testing experience. Sometimes they take them and implement them. More often than not they dont. We dont spend time trying to make a square peg fit where there is no hole. This is their world and it will remain their world. Either you can adapt and enjoy the game or you won't. Trying to make it fit your vision of reality or fantasy is pointless since you have no control over it and no matter how you try to justify it, in the end, It is not your decision.
Moon Name: Leviathan
Active Contract: The Leviathan Project/Corporate Communications Director
Leviathan Corporation Forum: http://leviathan.6te.net/phpBB3/index.php
ARCLIGHT545

Postby Timpraetor » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Uh, you guys all realize that this is science fiction, right?

Like Arc says - their game, their sci-fi rules. Can you imagine suggesting to Arthur C. Clark that we should be able to reverse engineer the monoliths :ugeek: ?
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests