Electric Fencing.

Always a popular place, tell us what you want what you really really want.

Electric Fencing.

Postby Kiln » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:46 pm

It is so simple I'm amazed no one has mentioned it before now. A new type of fencing that is not only a barrier but a fortification. It would be more costly to produce in both materials and costs but also be more durable.

Electric fencing would act as a defensive structure to keep the xenos (or bugs as I affectionately call them) out. When connected to a power source (battery or power core) it would provide damage to things that come into contact with it similar to magma or bile blocks, with the obvious difference of being powered by electricity.

I think it'd be relatively simple to add and would be a great addition to the game by introducing another defensive structure to use. It'd be especially useful for claims.
Kiln

Re: Electric Fencing.

Postby Timpraetor » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:52 am

Great idea. +1
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby QWERQY » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:17 pm

I +2 the idea 8-)
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby Kiln » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Thanks guys! 8-)
Kiln

Postby BushKillFalls » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:01 pm

I actually had made such a request on the Xeno Requests so I am glad someone else had the same idea and brought it back up... +2 from me 8-)

So now that we actually have blocks like Endurium, Magma, and Bile that hurt only us maybe we can get fencing connected to a circuit to be activated and hurt Bugs (and I guess us?) Sounds Sweet!

The only technical thing I don't know is since the other 3 blocks have to be stood on and do no damage if standing next to them maybe that is the only such way a block could work so maybe electric fence floors instead of walls will be all we can get...

Devs will have to clear that one up system resource wise :D

I love the Idea and Practical method for implementing... Great Job 8-)
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby GAVSTER46 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Awesome idea!
However perhaps it could be a field of energy that travels a distance of only three or four blocks and when the mobs pass through them it will do a large amount of damage allowing the turrets to finish the xeno lifeforms quickly.
GAVSTER46

Return to Feature Requests