More claims!

Always a popular place, tell us what you want what you really really want.

More claims!

Postby Claiming » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:20 am

Yesterday, I only had Xenos. Now, I have all the planets, and three claims. One problem.I want two more claims. I want to have a claim on every planet. Why is the limit 2+1 cheat?
Claiming

Re: More claims!

Postby bradrose90 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:20 pm

I agree, would be nice to have 2/3 on each planet.

Brad
bradrose90

Postby QWERQY » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:03 pm

bradrose90 wrote:I agree, would be nice to have 2/3 on each planet.

Brad

It would be nice. But I don't know if the game has enough memory for that. maybe two claims per planet. Or one per planet.

or another way of doing it is having a limit of five claims overall.

Love-QWERQY
Tales of Antydra: Ignoble. Go read the first two words of "part: 1"

https://youtu.be/nKlvEgRZkrk
Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby bradrose90 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:57 am

Not knowing the system architecture kinda hard to conjecture. But do have some basic programming.

Should be possible to have additional claims - just a matter of hard disk space on the xbox. I imagine each claim is a flat file as you can keep going back to it in the same condition. So, it should be a matter of adding a few more files which get updated to show claim values whenever you open the claim up to show status.

The original xenominer has a much larger playing area. Would be nice to see that flow into this game. Maybe have the areas broken up to only update critter positions when the player is near.

Still - like the game very much.
bradrose90

Postby QWERQY » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:19 pm

The only thing I know about programming is that it requires numbers.

Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby BushKillFalls » Sat May 02, 2015 4:27 pm

The map size was reduced in Swarm due to the number of AI to create swarms and the 360's lack of memory resources to run both Swarms and Landscape. In testing the number of AI was increased to 75 and the landscape was the current limited size and bouts with extreme lag occurred. Things were dialed back to the point where there was occasionally a slow down but maintained as large of a swarm as possible.

Larger maps at this point for the 360 I believe would mean large drops in the number of AI.
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby QWERQY » Sat May 02, 2015 4:41 pm

BushKillFalls wrote:The map size was reduced in Swarm due to the number of AI to create swarms and the 360's lack of memory resources to run both Swarms and Landscape. In testing the number of AI was increased to 75 and the landscape was the current limited size and bouts with extreme lag occurred. Things were dialed back to the point where there was occasionally a slow down but maintained as large of a swarm as possible.

Larger maps at this point for the 360 I believe would mean large drops in the number of AI.

Well for bigger maps we could have less enemies. But keep the hive missions the same and the tech gathers the same. Or even smaller for more enemies. And make claims bigger but less enemies?

Just an idea

Best music ever^
QWERQY

Postby BushKillFalls » Sat May 02, 2015 5:02 pm

That was a suggestion we had made before but it is good to hear restated from the community. Not every planet or special map needs to be a swarm like the bug hunt missions could be larger maps that involve more hunting with less bugs.

Kind of like our suggestion of a Home Planet that had a Huge Building Area and virtually no bugs but maybe one or two neutral scattered AI's
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Return to Feature Requests