[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Gristmill Studios Forum • View topic - Updates, Engines and 2.5

Updates, Engines and 2.5

Announcements about XenoMiner

Re: Updates, Engines and 2.16

Postby dlaurence75254 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:41 am

I know a lot of people have built up very elaborate structures and other builds in their existing worlds (I know I have), and from what I'm seeing (or perhaps misunderstanding) is that we will have to sacrifice those builds for the new zone system. But would the zone system be able to support structures that cross zone boundaries? For example, if I set up a "jetway" (which is simply a "track" of material that I can use the jetpack to get to a far off area) will the zones be able to handle a contiguous build across zones? Or would their be a separate spawn point for each zone, making continuous builds impossible?
dlaurence75254

Postby BushKillFalls » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:59 pm

box Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby dlaurence75254 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:33 pm

BKF, actually that was pretty much what I was thinking: a transitional space/structure that would be a sort of linkage between one zone and another. That would be a great way to implement it without giving the impression that its "breaking" the thing you build. It would just look like a segment of the larger object.

No problems with losing worlds if the game will progress. I'd much rather have a better game than something stuck in a rut that can never grow.
dlaurence75254

Postby BushKillFalls » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:05 pm

I know the statement they said but I was also wondering if it would be possible to have like a 5 Block overlap between zones where there might be an Overlap Save file that saved those zones where you could have the edge of a Structure or system to transverse the Gap but the way Xbox likes to Dictate to the Indies probably would make that very difficult if not impossible. :(
box Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby still crosshair » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:41 pm

still crosshair

Postby BriarFae » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:01 pm

BriarFae

Postby RoadKill » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Finally, some news!!! No mention of rocket launchers, but some interesting news at least. As an Xbox player, I say new game. If I lose my builds, I will most likely delete the game out of frustration. The zone Idea is interesting. What about zones above? I know there have been idea/requests about orbit stuff, so a zone 'above' with just 'floating rocks' might be interesting. Hope one has plenty of 'fuel' for the jet pack...
RoadKill

Postby Gristmill » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:31 pm

And orbital or asteroid zone (or both?) would be pretty sweet and probably not hard to pull off in such a system.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby Gamma949 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:43 am

Yeah i could give up infinite worlds sortof what they did in the console version of MC although i would like to see the world larger then in MC the only use i had for leaving the general area of spawn was to go out and find endurium so yeah that seems ok to do that also can you increase the spawn rate of endurium if you guys do that so its slightly easier to find the stuff if you get rid of infinite worlds.
Species: UNKNOWN]
Current Location: [color=#00FF40]Sector-45B outside of SN-1604

Current Company: GiT Security
Production number: 93451
GiT Security -Making your mining operations safe
Gamma949

Postby jon22 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:50 am

I agree with Roadkill. Make the next major Xenominer update a new game. I enjoy just wandering infinite worlds when I need a sci-fi fix as I hate trying to build stuff (hurts ma head). I just look around, take what I need back to my tiny shack, upgrade/make some stuff then wander around some more, making a trail of towers with lights leading back to base if I find a nice landscape. Also nothing beats just looking at those floating islands with glowing crystals and endurium, or exploring underneath them.
Gamertag: jon221985. I'm not a hardcore player but if I am not really doing much I am willing to help with mining or guarding against Venators. Message me and I will let you know if I am able to help. I also have a mic too.
jon22

PreviousNext

Return to XenoMiner Announcements