XenoMiner 2.5 in Final Test

Announcements about XenoMiner

Re: XenoMiner 2.5 in Final Test

Postby VoxelJunkie » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Gristmill wrote:You can have independent sets of compressors ... ? They can't be inside an already oxygenated area (they need to be "outside").

If your code doesn't work, likely you're transposing a 1 or l or I with the wrong letter. Try switching those up if you have any in your code.

2.5 will come out for PC very soon, we had to do some rebuilding.

Swarm is only an Xbox 360 title for now.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll try your suggestions as to the code. The situation I mentioned with the compressors is, I built a structure on top of a massive column. On top of the column I started building a base. So far only an enclosed computer core room. Compressor is in the ceiling complete with ducts and vents that work just fine. At the base of the column, completely separate, I built a room that I use for my storage containment and power generation on the roof, ie...solar panels. In the storage room, I tried to set up a compressor ducts and vents for air in this room as well. The compressor will not work, even after giving it it's own power source. Nothing seems to work. I guess I could run ducts down to the room at the base but that's a lot of ducting to solve this and would ruin the look of my creation. I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong or if it's something else.
VoxelJunkie

Postby Gristmill » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:39 pm

Is that storage room oxygenated? Do you have air pumping into the room (from the areas above)?
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby VoxelJunkie » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Gristmill wrote:Is that storage room oxygenated? Do you have air pumping into the room (from the areas above)?

No, completely separate and about 30 to 40 blocks in between the 2 areas.
VoxelJunkie

Postby Gristmill » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:52 pm

Hmm, you mentioned this one leads underneath. Is the condenser outside? They can't be enclosed or indoors, they have to be reachable to outside atmosphere. We test this by checking for the minimum sunlight value for that block, which must be over 0. If there's a big enough shadow from your structure above it may believe it isn't outside, even if it is.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby VoxelJunkie » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Gristmill wrote:Hmm, you mentioned this one leads underneath. Is the condenser outside? They can't be enclosed or indoors, they have to be reachable to outside atmosphere. We test this by checking for the minimum sunlight value for that block, which must be over 0. If there's a big enough shadow from your structure above it may believe it isn't outside, even if it is.

The structure above is pretty large. I don't even get radiation standing outside the door way. The odd thing is that I had a compressor and vent set up inside this room originaly that worked. Yes it was inside the room. After I started building the larger structure above, I moved the compressor up to the new area. I then made a new one and vent and it no longer worked. I'm going to try and move the compressor out in the area that is not in shadow and run a duct and vent in to see if that works. It's odd to me that the compressor worked inside the room when you say it shouldn't. The out side compressor set up would solve my problem though, so thanks for that.
VoxelJunkie

Previous

Return to XenoMiner Announcements