XM 2.5 Released (Xbox)

Announcements about XenoMiner

XM 2.5 Released (Xbox)

Postby Gristmill » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:29 am

XM 2.5 should be making its way through the servers now.

We're working on the PC build, will post when it's available.

Updates:

New Air System: You can now use Condensers to condense breathable air out of the thin and hostile Xenos atmosphere. Use Ducts to pipe the air around your base and Vents to disperse it to a room. New meters show when you are in a breathable area (you won't use up your oxygen tanks) and pointing the PICK at an Air System will display statistics about its flow.

Truesight Specs: A new helmet with embedded scanners that highlights nearby ore through solid rock. When activated, clicking the right thumbstick (like using Zoom on other helmets) will turn on Truesight. Ores will glow through your surroundings and pulse, each ore has it's own color. Now you'll be able to spot all that "impossible to find" Silicon that you've been missing.

New Blocks: Condenser, Vent, Duct

Centriforge Cleanup: We've cleaned up the Centriforge interface so there are fewer tabs and a lot less paging required when crafting.

Map Simplification: Power and Relay rings no longer clutter the map with their fill, instead they will only show a border ring for their radius.

BUG FIXES

Centriforge now properly uses up items when repairing (before screen exit).
Containment Units will now properly spill their contents before being dug up when a Multiplayer Client digs one up.
"Ghost Players" should now be fixed, no more missing connected players.
Bot scripting fix: canceling a Macro edit will no longer overwrite the main script.
GravPads are back to their normal function, they no longer also push one block "east" of themselves.

We also have a Major Content Update already in the pipe. This update cycle should be much much shorter (weeks not months). We'll be bringing in the Magma and Arctic biomes (some of which we've shown on FB earlier) and a few new blocks.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Re: XM 2.5 Released (Xbox)

Postby ARCLIGHT545 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:40 am

Its Live, I got the update
Moon Name: Leviathan
Active Contract: The Leviathan Project/Corporate Communications Director
Leviathan Corporation Forum: http://leviathan.6te.net/phpBB3/index.php
ARCLIGHT545

Postby janx » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:15 pm

good job guys!

I primarily play online on Arc or Bush's game, so when I get a chance, i'll check it out.
The Leviathan Corporation
Director of Zoning, Infrastructure and Resource Control
http://theleviathanproject.wiki.zoho.com/Office-of-Zoning-Infrastructure-Resource-Control-ZIRC.html
ZM Script Designer: http://leviathanproject.host-ed.me/
janx

Postby SodaSpartan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Good job

I can't wait for the next feature update

Keep up the good work
SodaSpartan

Postby shanethepyeguy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Very happy to see air vents!!
shanethepyeguy

Postby IceFireXD » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Uh... I realize this is actually YOUR game Gristmill.... But you don't zoom by clicking the right joystick. You press up on the D-pad.
The Super Bio-Dome Project (Restarted.)
Excavation Status (in quarters)
1st: 15% | 2nd: 1% | 3rd: 0% | 4th: 0%
Construction Status (in quarters)
1st: 3% | 2nd: 0% | 3rd: 0% | 4th: <1%
IceFireXD

Postby still crosshair » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:48 am

Gristmill wrote:We also have a Major Content Update already in the pipe. This update cycle should be much much shorter (weeks not months). We'll be bringing in the Magma and Arctic biomes (some of which we've shown on FB earlier) and a few new blocks.

Sounds great that progress will be a little bit faster. Of course I would rather take the finished build rather then a half finished rushed build loaded with bugs and uncompleteness. So take as much time as you need to get it done. Now I have seen this arctic biome from your downgate swarm pictures. One thing that I want to know is if arctic can spawn next to magma? mainly because arctic appears to be ice all the way on the surface so I expect magma will be very warm or hot. It feels implied in the name "Magma" really. So transitioning from hot to cold like that just seems unlikely to me. I am sure someone could point out something that would show they could be together on this moon. In my opinion they should have a buffer between them. This could be a whole other biome or simply a ring that starts out with say regolith then builds up with ice or what ever is in the magma biome until at the end of the ring its mostly this block and very limited amount of regolith. I guess one could say that the ring would suggest an asteroid or "new moon" of the planets slowly drifted into xenos not leaving a crater but a large chunk of itself infused with xenos. Like I said its only my opinion and all my crazy ideas are simply crazy ideas.

Downgate swarm arctic pics Here
Spoiler: show

The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby pickaxe of tungsten » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:15 am

I want the Ice Trees to return in the Arctic Biome
SAVE THE ICE TREES!
-Seed: 48923
-Moon: Tungstantinople
-Never Stop Xenomining
pickaxe of tungsten

Postby still crosshair » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:55 am

pickaxe of tungsten wrote:I want the Ice Trees to return in the Arctic Biome
SAVE THE ICE TREES!

Yea it would be interesting for the Arctic biome to house the ice trees. Since some did not really care for the ice trees being in the environment.One other idea would be to have them under the floating islands.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Postby still crosshair » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:43 am

Any news on the PC update? Have not seen anything new come up so this was the only place I thought of to post my question.
The TCD 1471 !!!

still crosshair

Next

Return to XenoMiner Announcements