Recommended Seeds

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

Recommended Seeds

Postby shanethepyeguy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:47 pm

User "Tetsuo" had the great idea to have a post where xenominers could look up good seeds.

My seed is "Callisto" (1694)
It has all biomes (as far as I've seen and read about from this forum) small mountains peaked with crystals near the start tower.
Far to the north past a ice tree forest, a network of canyons.
Many craters with crystals. Many floating mountains. All around, an epic seed!
Last edited by shanethepyeguy on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
shanethepyeguy

Re: Recommended Seeds

Postby shanethepyeguy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Correction, it's Calisto, not Callisto. Sorry about that
shanethepyeguy

Postby TheFirstAxel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:05 am

Oh.....ooops. I didn't see yours and I started one. My apologies
Carpe Nocte
TheFirstAxel

Postby Gristmill » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:16 am

You may want to check the Stats page and give the actual numeric seed. I'm not looking at the code right now, but I'm fairly certain that whoever wrote that had it simply do a random number if any illegal characters were entered (such as letters ...) - so you probably just got a purely random number out of it.

It's on your Stats page though, so post that!

Oh, and it's a cool idea, we'll probably have to implement that, just doing a byte conversion on the ascii ...
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby tetsuo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:19 am

The string seeds may not actually work (pending confirmation from Gristmill). You may want to try creating two brand new worlds with the same textual seed. If they're not 100% identical, then the game is picking a random seed when you enter a non-numeric seed.

If nobody else gets the chance to confirm this, I'll do so next time I'm able.

[edit]
Crap! ninja'd by Gristmill :p
[/edit]

[edit2]
Gristmill wrote:It's on your Stats page though, so post that!

this is awesome! I was hoping there was a way to get the seed after the fact. thanks.
[/edit2]
tetsuo

Postby PhoenixFyre » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:37 am

My First and Current World was Seeded as a Trial and then I bought the game.

Seed: 1701
Not sure what Biomes there are but what I have found in my world so far:
Rolling hills in all direction topped with all crystal colors.
Sky Islands, small and large, some of the Large had Endurium in them
Further out from the crash site are regilith trees and there are numerous "holes" in the surface that can go half-way to Bed rock.
Silicon, Light & Dark Basalt, Red and Yellow Regilith, and Ice are Fairly plentiful
Iron, Alum, are found in pockets and close together.
Copper is sometimes scares but I'm noticing they tend to be hided near the surface.
Land Surveyor
Costumer
GeoCacher
Pro Bono Game Tester
PhoenixFyre

Postby L0rddaniel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:18 am

Seed 12180 spawns you at the bottom of a DEEP crater in the canyon/ice covered biome. There are floating islands to the west and north. I wish I could remember exactly where, but I found a 30+ patch of titanium and the biggest copper deposit I could imagine.

I haven't tried a many seeds, maybe a dozen, but this spawn is A++ compared to the other eleven.
L0rddaniel

Postby shanethepyeguy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:29 am

[quote="tetsuo"]The string seeds may not actually work (pending confirmation from Gristmill). You may want to try creating two brand new worlds with the same textual seed. If they're not 100% identical, then the game is picking a random seed when you enter a non-numeric seed.

Exactly what I did. When I had a code 4 crash due to exiting without waiting for my bot to Finnish, I thought my map was gone, so I made a second map with the same seed "Calisto" and it was exactly the same. Since then, I've been able to recover my original map, and have not made another since.
shanethepyeguy

Postby Rider91 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:09 am

shanethepyeguy wrote:Exactly what I did. When I had a code 4 crash due to exiting without waiting for my bot to Finnish, I thought my map was gone, so I made a second map with the same seed "Calisto" and it was exactly the same. Since then, I've been able to recover my original map, and have not made another since.

good to know so seed wont just be a list of numbers in future posts
o look, crash foam, i think i can hit it from here! Image missed it by THAT much!
Rider91

Postby buzzkil » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:19 am

Seed # 29436. You spawn in a cyan and magenta crater with ice trees all over and floating islands. Short walk south are yellow and white mountains, maybe a minute walk. 2 minute walk north there are ice filled canyons. There is quite a bit of exposed endurium in the islands above the spawn. Xenotech structure right begind spawn half way up the side of a crater.

Seed # 47345. You spawn in a crater surrounded by white, yellow mountains. Xenotech structure on top of crater. Very close to the west are floating islands, most have visible endurium on the undersides

Seed # 66579. The ship is underground! The ship spawns like it crashed into a cave system, all you see above ground is a smooth layer of crash foam. Its at the bottom of a crater surrounded by ice mountains and white crystal mountains
Last edited by buzzkil on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
buzzkil

Next

Return to XenoMiner Talk