Recommended Seeds

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

Re: Recommended Seeds

Postby Gristmill » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:48 pm

All worlds are still randomly generated by the seed, but all starting locations being in the Msasive Crater biome.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby still crosshair » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 pm

Gristmill wrote:All worlds are still randomly generated by the seed, but all starting locations being in the Msasive Crater biome.

Why would you comment genocide on the ice trees? I have yet to find any on a new world or in new chunks on old worlds.

Anyways Try seed 19692007 it spawns you in a small crater but if you dig down here.

you will fall into this.

The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby randomhuman1 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:50 pm

hello. with the new bioms up i tried 8675309, called it jenny. started digging under the xeno tower and ended up in a cave system that seemed to go on forever in every direction.
randomhuman1

Postby lemonrev » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:03 am

Scroll bars on some of the lists that are bigger then the window when working under the workshop thing to create items.

I have dug down to the depths of bedrock i seem that i can not find any of the higher end stuff that you need however if you go outside and you have a mountainus range you can find the more common things like copper and aluminum also in huge abundance is silicon, far too much dark basalt, as well as light basalt.

A way to speed up your little robot I have over 200 power now and the game is really getting along but because i have tryed whats called branch mining in say minecraft and xenominer the same type of style to find mostly dark basalt, Your inventory tends to collect quite a bit, and i have 3 ordanary containers filled to the brim of just dark and light basalt, its strange that titain ore be found in the higher mountains than the lower regions but i think this is doing well.

If you want a new world do you have to start all over again or can you pack some of your gear away and take it with you in a new world ?.
lemonrev

Postby Timpraetor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:21 pm

New World == New World - completely new. Nothing comes over. However, this is a discussion for a new thread.
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby Kiethblacklion » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Anyone have a good seed for sky islands? Since the update that added the new materials none of my worlds have sky islands.
~KBL~
Kiethblacklion

Postby Kiethblacklion » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Ever since the Xbox update 2.14 (or the one that added all the new materials and landscape) no new world that I create has sky islands like the previous version did. Has anyone else come across this? When I start a new game, I climb the cliffs around the crash site and I will occassionally find a large sky island made up of yellow or red materials but there aren't many of them. I miss the abundant quantity of sky islands prior to the update. Does anyone have any world seeds that provide this with the new materials or has this gone the way of the ice trees?
~KBL~
Kiethblacklion

Postby Mandalore » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:48 pm

PhoenixFyre wrote:My First and Current World was Seeded as a Trial and then I bought the game.

Seed: 1701
Not sure what Biomes there are but what I have found in my world so far:
Rolling hills in all direction topped with all crystal colors.
Sky Islands, small and large, some of the Large had Endurium in them
Further out from the crash site are regilith trees and there are numerous "holes" in the surface that can go half-way to Bed rock.
Silicon, Light & Dark Basalt, Red and Yellow Regilith, and Ice are Fairly plentiful
Iron, Alum, are found in pockets and close together.
Copper is sometimes scares but I'm noticing they tend to be hided near the surface.

Did you do the Star Trek reference on purpose?
Mandalore

Postby treos » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:22 am

necroing but considering the topic, it probably won't matter much.

i was looking through this thread and on the last few pages saw something about a stretch effect with repeating numbers as a seed. well, i just tried out seed 98989898 (xbox 360 version of the game) and...GEEZ, first i found a insanely long crater that looked to actually be 6-8 large craters connected as one long one and then, a bit further past the stretch crater, i found a floating island so massive its crater just about takes up my entire minimap. this island easily dwarfs any one of the islands in my other world i showed pics of in the talk thread i started. this seed is crazy, stretch or macro, i dunno which but its MASSIVE. the island i'm standing under is actually bigger than the consoles draw distance. :shock:
treos

Postby Timpraetor » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:53 pm

A new discovery for Xbox -

Great location, big cavern immediately under the crash / spawn.

Lots of low level materials very close to get your initial economy started

Fewer Venator nests nearby, so you're safe a bit longer during the startup phase.

(also great on pending PC update...)
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

PreviousNext

Return to XenoMiner Talk