[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Gristmill Studios Forum • View topic - A Quick Door Explainer

A Quick Door Explainer

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

Re: A Quick Door Explainer

Postby Rider91 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 am

o look, crash foam, i think i can hit it from here! Image missed it by THAT much!
Rider91

Postby epikpepsi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:40 pm

ALUMINUM! I KNOW YOU ARE HIDING YOU SHINY METAL BASTARDS! AND DIAMONDS! YOU HIDING HIM WITH YOU! GAAAAHGH!

- Real quote I used in game once.
epikpepsi

Postby Nicc0 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi,I was reading this topic and I'd like to share the idea of using the doors as elevators,just put the door frame on the ground then place the block on the way up,activate the switch when standing on the door frame and you will be lifted,the movement it's a bit slow and not fluid but I having fun creating elevators.
Sorry for bad english.
Nicc0

Postby UG FREEZEIY » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Space is the final frontier why are we sitting here fighting when we can be out looking for XENOPODS!!!!
Doctor Who?Doctor Who?
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!
Welcome to S.C.A.F.
UG FREEZEIY

Postby brian » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Keep in mind this won't be an exact number since you are dealing with memory limitations. While not a memory leak, some things like menus or actions can temporarily hold on to memory and if you reach the limit before memory has been reclaimed, you will crash. This may also leave your world in a less than playable state. You are stress testing the limits and have been warned :)
brian

Postby UG FREEZEIY » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:49 am

Space is the final frontier why are we sitting here fighting when we can be out looking for XENOPODS!!!!
Doctor Who?Doctor Who?
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!
Welcome to S.C.A.F.
UG FREEZEIY

Postby sevas627 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:36 pm

I play the Xbox version, and maybe I'm missing something, but the door frame item doesn't do anything. I'll start by saying that the door frames in the video tutorials I've seen do not look like the door frames in my game. The ones in the tutorial were mostly flat, with rivets around the edges, I think. the door frames in my game have ridges, a bit like roofing tin. the is no interaction dialogue (X), and there are no transparent yellow size/direction selection boxes for the door panels in my game. They are just ridged walls labeled door panels; they don't actually do anything.
sevas627

Postby Gristmill » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:37 am

those are for panels, they make up the actual door. what you are looking for is a door frame, which is a different item.
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby LUMPdizzle666 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:12 pm

So I'm wondering how stable the doors are on the pc. I have killed a few of my xbox worlds with very large and complex door systems. :D
LUMPdizzle666

Postby UG FREEZEIY » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:04 pm

Doctor Who?Doctor Who?
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!
Welcome to S.C.A.F.
UG FREEZEIY

PreviousNext

Return to XenoMiner Talk