Tips and Tricks

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

Tips and Tricks

Postby anchpop » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Got a tip or a useful trick? Post it here.
I will edit this post to contain all the best ones. With credit of course.

• Use the structure where the bot is as a house.
  • The bot is faster than you are when you begin, and it can mine anything. But if you can't mine it you cant place it. [idea by thatcrazyjustin]
  • When mining Endurium, use your headlamp, not the glowing crystals. Endurium glows green (slightly), so this will aid you in finding it.
  • The bot can place stuff in places you can't, because it doesn't need anything to attach it to.
  • Endurium occurs frequently at bedrock. You can use the bot to mine it with ease.
  • Lights (not crystals) show up on your minimap, you can use that to mark your house or mines.
  • There is Endurium in those floating islands.
  • Save often.
Last edited by Gristmill on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 am, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: stick stick sticky
anchpop

Re: Tips and Tricks

Postby thatcrazyjustin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Since the bot is much faster at mining than you initially, use it to gather tough to gather resources much faster in the beginning.
http://www.twitter.com/thatcrazyjustin "I won't quote you the odds"
thatcrazyjustin

Postby Sarkazein » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:46 pm

thatcrazyjustin wrote:Since the bot is much faster at mining than you initially, use it to gather tough to gather resources much faster in the beginning.

Indeed. Also the bot doesn't seem to have a limit to what it can mine, so you can use it to mine higher-level materials that your PICK isn't advanced enough to mine yet.
Sarkazein

Postby thatcrazyjustin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Sarkazein wrote:
thatcrazyjustin wrote:Since the bot is much faster at mining than you initially, use it to gather tough to gather resources much faster in the beginning.

Indeed. Also the bot doesn't seem to have a limit to what it can mine, so you can use it to mine higher-level materials that your PICK isn't advanced enough to mine yet.

Also if you can't mine it, you can't place it remember that. If your pick isn't upgraded you can still use the higher level materials in crafting though
http://www.twitter.com/thatcrazyjustin "I won't quote you the odds"
thatcrazyjustin

Postby anchpop » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks for the tip, I'll add that.
anchpop

Postby dstruxon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:53 am

This is something that I find helpful when branch mining low and high endurium. Remove any green crystals that are around you. All of them. The Endurium blocks have a green light that glows. The High Endurium glows brighter. This should help while finding that rare block.

:D Happy Surviving! Wayne
Happy Surviving!
dstruxon

Postby Sarkazein » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:13 am

Another interesting strategy I've stumbled upon is taking extra bateries/o2 tanks as spares. Since they remain charged in your inventory, you can swap them out for empties if you get stuck out on an extended trek without access to a solar array or ice.
Sarkazein

Postby Arnold90518_2 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:37 am

dstruxon wrote:This is something that I find helpful when branch mining low and high endurium. Remove any green crystals that are around you. All of them. The Endurium blocks have a green light that glows. The High Endurium glows brighter. This should help while finding that rare block.

:D Happy Surviving! Wayne

If you don't mind, can I ask what elevation range you usually find low and high grade endurium?
Arnold90518_2

Postby dstruxon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:48 am

I simply go down to bedrock. Aim in a direction and dig straight 2 blocks high for a long long time. I am talking 20+ grid squares or more. You are trying to expose the surface of the blocks.. I am sitting on over 400 low endurium blocks by mining with these types of branches at bedrock level. It seems Endurium is plentiful around bedrock in both forms High and Low. I hope this helps!

:D Happy Surviving!
Happy Surviving!
dstruxon

Postby dstruxon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:41 am

:D Save and Save often! If you find a huge vein of ore that you have been searching for SAVE! If you build or dig a project SAVE! This tip will save you from certain frustrations.

:D Happy Surviving!
Happy Surviving!
dstruxon

Next

Return to XenoMiner Talk