Tips and Tricks

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

Re: Tips and Tricks

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:16 am

Not sure if it's been said yet but:
When you start out on a new world [after getting the bot], get a stack of Ice and start to mine (preferably in an underground cave if you can find one) don't stop until you don't have enough room in your inventory, also; to mark your way back to your crash site use lights on the ground every now and again. It REALLY helps to find your way around [I can't tell you how many times I've gone mining in other Voxel Box games and have been losed in cave systems and it's such a hastle to gind my way back home] (POWER WILL BECOME AN ISSUE: So either A) Take your solar panel(s) with you or B ) convert Copper and Iron to power), use the bot to mine out anything you can't; High/Low Endurium, Diamonds, Titanium. Afterwards, make your way back to the crash sight and make A.I. core after A.I. core until your happy with your processing power then: HAVE FUN! :D
Entertainment Center Completion:

X-Box: Completed
PS2: Completed
X-Box360: Completed
VHS player: Completed
PS3: Completed
X-Box One: Completed
Gamecube: Completed
Nintendo 64: Completed
PS4: Not Complete
[Other]: 20% Complete

82% Complete
Lone Wolf

Postby Reikaku » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:16 pm

-- Even if you see a single block of an ore, dig 2-3 blocks around it. 90% of the time there is a vein hiding behind it. 10% of the time you cry inside for wasting battery.

--If you hate seeing all the color pips on the minimap, use crystals instead. My scheme usually goes:
Green: Entrance/Exit
Cyan: Explored/Mined This General Area
Red: Danger!

Once I've mined out a cave/canyon, I usually place Yellow 2x3 nearby the exit(s). That's my solid indicator that this area is dead space.

-- Mining the eggs will stop the spawning. Luckily they don't spawn in your backpack....... yet.

-- Making a "sunshade" over a canyon/crater will allow you to mine during the day safe from radiation.

-- A bot script that strip mines a 6x6 section for multiple layers uncovers more goodies than you'd think. I found a vein of titanium roughly 10 blocks because of the lil guy.
I quite enjoy mining out a 6x6x70 chunk of mountain while being bombarded by radiation. - Said No Bot Ever

Project 1: Alien Arena - Construction Phase

XBOX 360 Gamertag: Reikaku0823
Reikaku

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:57 am

Does anyone know where the I can find Iron? (Which level)
Entertainment Center Completion:

X-Box: Completed
PS2: Completed
X-Box360: Completed
VHS player: Completed
PS3: Completed
X-Box One: Completed
Gamecube: Completed
Nintendo 64: Completed
PS4: Not Complete
[Other]: 20% Complete

82% Complete
Lone Wolf

Postby Reikaku » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Does anyone know where the I can find Iron? (Which level)

I've honestly found all mine in caves and on the floating islands.
I think I may of found some around 40-45 while branch mining.

I'll look at my seed later tonight and I'll post it. I haven't had any issues with iron, aluminum, or copper... or even gold for that matter (LOVE the islands).
I quite enjoy mining out a 6x6x70 chunk of mountain while being bombarded by radiation. - Said No Bot Ever

Project 1: Alien Arena - Construction Phase

XBOX 360 Gamertag: Reikaku0823
Reikaku

Postby essenceoflove » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Hello,
I can't find any information on it, and can't figure it out on my own. Is there a way to split stacks of blocks? Often I don't want to take 100 with me.
essenceoflove

Postby Timpraetor » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:02 pm

essenceoflove wrote:Hello,
I can't find any information on it, and can't figure it out on my own. Is there a way to split stacks of blocks? Often I don't want to take 100 with me.

Unfortunately, you'll need to place the number of the item that you don't want in a "stockpile".

However, since 1 or 100 take up the same space in your MULE, why bother?
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby essenceoflove » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:23 pm

Thank you Timpraetor. I don't want to take a full stack with me, just encase I die :), or what I don't use siting in my inventory taking up space.
essenceoflove

Postby dlaurence75254 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:04 pm

Regarding resources and inventory, one of the first things I'll do in a new world is either find a nearby cave and "clean it up" (smooth the walls/ceiling/floor) or carve one out near the spawn/base. This space becomes my warehouse where I'll keep stacks and stacks of materials. For endurium, I'll carve out a space 16 blocks deep by x wide and three high (for low) and ten deep (for high) and place a wall of glass over the opening. When I need endurium, a simple bot script can go into the containment chamber to gather it with no worries about radiation. Hope this helps.
dlaurence75254

Previous

Return to XenoMiner Talk