Tips and Tricks

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

Re: Tips and Tricks

Postby IceFireXD » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:52 am

D Ruffin wrote:Gravity boots can be used for extremely fast travel. On the surface, set up a pole of basalt and put a crystal on top. Then activate your grav boots so the way you want to travel is now down. Fall. When the grav boots turn off automatically, place another basalt/ crystal pole three or four blocks ahead of where you landed. Make sure not to collide with objects on the way "down". Also be sure not to get to far away from the ground. Hope this helps!

BE WARNED! THIS CAN KILL YOU! It's a known bug in the gravity boots. When the safety engages, it may convert all of your moment over and amplify it. I've died doing this with 100% integrity tier 3 equipment, and full health. Even falling from ceiling to bedrock with 100% integrity tier 3 equipment and full health will only take you down to 50hp. Be careful.
The Super Bio-Dome Project (Restarted.)
Excavation Status (in quarters)
1st: 15% | 2nd: 1% | 3rd: 0% | 4th: 0%
Construction Status (in quarters)
1st: 3% | 2nd: 0% | 3rd: 0% | 4th: <1%
IceFireXD

Postby jon22 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:51 am

My tip isnt really a tip, just a bit of fun which surprisingly is helpful (for me anyway as my base is in an ice biome). Once you have a fully upgraded suit and pick and lots of ice and 2 air tanks, dig random vertical mineshafts straight down to bedrock making sure you are ready to use the jetpack if you encounter large caverns and start falling. I have found lots of rare materials using this (high endurium under my base :) ). Also a good idea to mark any shafts that lead to good caves with a basalt tower with a crystal or light on top. Also once you hit bedrock fly straight up the shaft you created (thats the fun part).
Gamertag: jon221985. I'm not a hardcore player but if I am not really doing much I am willing to help with mining or guarding against Venators. Message me and I will let you know if I am able to help. I also have a mic too.
jon22

Postby Zorgborg242 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Dig branch tunnels at layer 46 and 47,you would be surprised how much aluminum you'll find. :D
"Ultron,Getting resources for you,and only you"
Zorgborg242

Postby Timpraetor » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Be aware that this changes in the new game. Distribution is quite different in 2.1.
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Postby Mataeus » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:35 pm

I need a reminder: Is it chunks you haven't edited that will be updated when you update the game, or blocks you haven't edited even if they're in chunks you have altered elsewhere?
Does that make sense? :shock:
~~~ Vae Victis! ~~~
Mataeus

Postby Gristmill » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:47 pm

chunks, but really areas. an area being a larger abstract grouping of chunks
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby Mataeus » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Great, thank you.
So in areas I have built, the ore distribution will be old-school. Got it.
~~~ Vae Victis! ~~~
Mataeus

Postby still crosshair » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Timpraetor wrote:Be aware that this changes in the new game. Distribution is quite different in 2.1.

That's why my bot is equipped with many quarry scripts. I do not simply look for ore I take a whole chunk of area when I look for ore. Not a whole game chunk mainly because that would take a couple of days real time for the bot to complete. If I want a hole that big I will most likely dig it myself. Already did on Xbox to bad now it has a giant chunk in it.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby Evenguarde » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:32 am

I'm somewhat new, played off and on since last year on Xbox and more recently on the PC, I'll chime in a tip. In dealing with Venators, I've found listening to the noises they make to be helpful, they have a grumbly kind of low noise when you are somewhat nearby but haven't aggro'd them yet and a Screech type noise when you have. Go for the eggs in the nest after you have taken care of the Venators themselves (suggest bunny hopping or hovering above them with a jet pack when you get one), that will stop them from re-spawning!
Evenguarde

Postby Timpraetor » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Evenguarde wrote:(suggest bunny hopping or hovering above them with a jet pack when you get one)

Remember, Grav Boots are also your friend. The Venators can't (yet) walk on the ceilings :).
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

PreviousNext

Return to XenoMiner Talk