Greenlight Video Discussion

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

Greenlight Video Discussion

Postby Gristmill » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:27 pm

In case people have questions, comments, etc on the Announcement about the need for Steam Greenlight video content from our core fans:

Feel free to reply to this!
Gristmill
Site Admin

Re: Greenlight Video Discussion

Postby still crosshair » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Wow I cannot believe you guys are going to go through with green light. Just remember one thing before you actually get on it. That is a one way ticket. After you start it you have to finish it to get on steam.

Anyways the main reason I am even posting to this is because you say you need clips. Now I read the announcements But it still feels a little to vague. Since you want short clips someone running through a custom parcore map( I have no clue if I spelled parcore right) that utilizes stuff like the grav boots may be to long. I may be able to get swarmed by venators if that helps. Its short and shows the mob is viscous. Other than that I really have no clue what I could record that is short and interesting or or shows that xenominer has one of a kind items and stuff in it. Let me know what you want and maybe I can do it or someone else can maybe.
The TCD 1471 !!!
Spoiler: show

still crosshair

Postby Gristmill » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:07 pm

I suppose a longer run through a parkour maze is fine, but if you shoot a 20 minute video and then try to upload the raws to us, that may take 30 years to upload. And then of course, we'd have to edit it for all the awkward pauses, mistakes, retakes and what not.

The point is most trailers are composed of 10 - 20 seconds of action ... if you record a parkour run, it probably wouldn't take you too long to rewatch it in editing software and cut out 3 or 4 spots that were the coolest.

IF we do the editing like that, it will take us hours (because we'll have to do yours, KD's, Johnny's, Arc's, Bush's, etc etc).
Gristmill
Site Admin

Postby BushKillFalls » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:36 pm

What is your Time Frame on wanting to get on GreenLight and when you would Like the Videos by at the Latest?
Xbox360 Gamertag :BushKillFalls
Leviathan Project : Officer of R&D
Leviathan Project 24/7 World : Host
BushKillFalls

Postby JohnnyBlood » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:54 pm

I have a collection of a few shots I took from the pc. its only scenery shots with the sun and the tower and some caves. nothing too actiony
Leroy T. Pumpkin
JohnnyBlood

Postby Zorgborg242 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:57 am

I would love to make videos for green light but unfortunately I don't have a good working video capturing device. :(
"Ultron,Getting resources for you,and only you"
Zorgborg242

Postby Guitarguy1133 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:47 am

Zorgborg242 wrote:I would love to make videos for green light but unfortunately I don't have a good working video capturing device. :(

FRAPS is nice.... but unless u buy it you'll have this gross looking fraps watermark on the video lol.
<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
Guitarguy1133

Postby FOUR TWENTY » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:01 pm

This is for information purposes only, but I do know IF someone were to use thepiratebay.sx, you can probobly find video capturing software there for free.

Be warned though, in some contries it's illegal (the U.S.), and you will need to be careful of malicious content. Otherwise, it's a great place to find almost anything you'd need ever (software wise).
Ordering in a fancy restaurant: Charlie says “Yes, my good man, I’ll have the milk steak, boiled over hard, and your finest jelly beans … raw.”
FOUR TWENTY

Postby LUMPdizzle666 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:06 pm

I hear you can get new issues of comics... but i wouldn't know for sure :-p
LUMPdizzle666

Postby murroak » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:05 pm

I will be willing to record for ppl if needed in their worlds. My gamertag is Murroak I have a elgato capture card hd 1080p
murroak

Next

Return to XenoMiner Talk