XenoMiner on Linux (Mint 17: Cinnamon)

Keep it to XenoMiner talk

XenoMiner on Linux (Mint 17: Cinnamon)

Postby Guitarguy1133 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:30 am

Hello all. Since Grist doesn't plan on making a linux version of xenominer, i figured i'd try to get it running on linux. If anyone is linux/wine savvy I could use some input. I downloaded the MSI. opened up wine set compatibility mode to win. XP. (ive tried 98 vista 7 and 8 as well) i installed the .msi double click the desktop icon and no window ever opens. I look in the task manager and Xenominer.exe is there but there is no window open. I know that XNA doesn't play well with wine so I was wondering if this would be an XNA issue or maybe a .net issue (even tho .net framework comes along when you install wine) thanks in advance! and if i ever get it up and running I'll put a tutorial somewhere on how i got it to work.

I read a walk thru about how directX doesnt like to play well with wine either so i installed the dlls it said was required and then went back and reinstalled directx9, and everything and still having no luck.
<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
Guitarguy1133

Re: XenoMiner on Linux (Mint 17: Cinnamon)

Postby Timpraetor » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:20 am

Xna 4.0 won't run with WiNE if the project uses the HiDef profile (which Xenominer does). WiNE can't provide the proper level of DirectX 10 functionality passthrough.

This is the same reason for why you can't play in a VM.

Lost cause, I'm afraid.
--==--
Tim
- brucoder on XBOX Live, Timpraetor on Steam and Desura
- Grav Boots - The official VDS - Venator Defense System!
True space exploration will become a reality when the governments get out of it and corporate greed takes the reins!
Timpraetor

Re: XenoMiner on Linux (Mint 17: Cinnamon)

Postby Guitarguy1133 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:24 am

that's what I was afraid of... thanks for the info. =) now im gonna go harass the WINE devs to update to DX11 lol
<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
Guitarguy1133

Return to XenoMiner Talk